Presidential Candidate Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

finestjava

I live on Chicago's South Side pretty close to Obama's residence.
Is there any opportunity to scan any of the federal frequencies involved in his comings and goings?
And which frequencies are involved

TNX
Good Scanning

Harry

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I live on Chicago's South Side pretty close to Obama's residence.
Is there any opportunity to scan any of the federal frequencies involved in his comings and goings?
And which frequencies are involved

TNX
Good Scanning

Harry

Hello Harry,

Yes, reports are that the Obama Secrete Service detail is using the standard array of Secret Service channels in the P-25 digital mode. If you have a digital scanner you are likely to hear something. For the frequencies, check the Radio Reference Wiki or my blog.

- Chris

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
if they're operating in the "clear" mode you might hear them with a digital scanner, if they're operating in the coded mode (using encryption) which is the mode they mostly use while doing actual protection.

also keep in mind that most of the time they operate in simplex, so you'll have to be close to hear them. occassionaly they'll use the repeaters, but not for protection.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
When McCain came to Nashville 165.2125 was used. Prior to him landing comms were in the clear (then i had to go to work) once he landed they very well could have flipped the switch to encrypted mode. This October should be interesting when the debate takes place here.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
McCain and Obama were in Missouri yesterday. Secret Service Advance Team were on 165.7875 (Baker) P25 clear mode. Command Post was on 165.375 (Charlie) P25 clear mode. At no time was encryption used. In fact, not very much radio traffic at all.

When the POTUS is in town, I have heard as many as seven different frequencies used, mostly all P25 encrypted.

166.5125 SIERRA P25 Encrypted
166.7000 NOVEMBER White House Staff P25 Encrypted
164.8875 OSCAR Presidential Protection-Primary P25 Encrypted
165.7875 BAKER P25 Encrypted/Clear
165.3750 CHARLIE Command Post P25 Encrypted/Clear
164.6500 TANGO P25 Encrypted
165.2125 MIKE Motorcade P25 Encrypted

Signal500

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Ok, ok, I sympathize with the Obama remarks but lets keep the political banter in the Wasteland.

andyishere

My friends Dad is appart of a local police force in ohio and when Obama and Mcain where in ohio for the debate or what ever it was{Did not pay attention to it.} he had the chance to work with the SS and got to listen to it. He said it is complicated when they talk.

ecps92

True, if you are not adept at listening to the normal S.S. traffic, it can be confusing, just like visiting another region on Vacation , trying to figure out the accents, codes etc.

My friends Dad is appart of a local police force in ohio and when Obama and Mcain where in ohio for the debate or what ever it was{Did not pay attention to it.} he had the chance to work with the SS and got to listen to it. He said it is complicated when they talk.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Bush should be at the top of your list. . .Not McCain,not Obama. .

WayneH suggested we keep the politics out of this, and I suggest you not worry about any lists I have and where anyone is on that list.

If you don't watch out, I might put you on my coal for Christmas list (and this thread will be put on the banned for good list) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.