Presidential Debate CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFRfreak

BTFire21,

This is awesome!! What's your radio/antenna setup? Do you have any tips for quickly locating the active frequencies for a given flight? I will likely have an opportunity to listen in when the debate is held in Nashville and I want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!!

CORN

Premium Subscriber
BTFire21,

This is awesome!! What's your radio/antenna setup? Do you have any tips for quickly locating the active frequencies for a given flight? I will likely have an opportunity to listen in when the debate is held in Nashville and I want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!!
Will you be in/near Nashville? Highly doubtful you’ll wrangle it in from Texas. If yes to question try 260.9, 228.9, 364.2, air to air prob depends on which unit gets the CAP duties IF there is one in the first place.

LFRfreak

Will you be in/near Nashville? Highly doubtful you’ll wrangle it in from Texas. If yes to question try 260.9, 228.9, 364.2, air to air prob depends on which unit gets the CAP duties IF there is one in the first place.
Yes, I'm near Nashville... I need to update my profile. Thanks for the freqs.

wxwarn285

Since when did the civil air patrol (CAP) start using frequencies in the 200 and 300mhz bands? I thought they could only use the 143ish, 141 and 148ish frequencies.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Since when did the civil air patrol (CAP) start using frequencies in the 200 and 300mhz bands? I thought they could only use the 143ish, 141 and 148ish frequencies.
This CAP stands for Combat Air Patrol. Military a/c protecting assets that are on the ground. These a/c will also use the 138 - 143.975MHz band and 148 - about 150.8MHz band, mostly in the AM mode. The above mentioned freqs are the more common ones used.

Rich - N3VMY - KAG0096

wxwarn285

This CAP stands for Combat Air Patrol. Military a/c protecting assets that are on the ground. These a/c will also use the 138 - 143.975MHz band and 148 - about 150.8MHz band, mostly in the AM mode. The above mentioned freqs are the more common ones used.

Rich - N3VMY - KAG0096

Thanks for the clarification, I never have heard of this sort of CAP till now.

Hooligan

Thanks for the clarification, I never have heard of this sort of CAP till now.

And I guess you didn't see/understand the references to "fighters," "F15" & "refueling" but besides all that, some Civil Air Patrol aircraft & ground stations have had 225-400MHz military aircraft band transceive capability for at least a couple years. The Nevada Wing in Southern Nevada refers to their discrete channel in the 225-400MHz spectrum as "Uniform." CAP Nevada Wing is somewhat unique because of their support to GREEN FLAG training.

Status
Not open for further replies.