• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pretty Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
Premium Subscriber
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
This looks like a handy little unit for any kind of event or close quarter monitoring, especially when a full size scanner would draw attention. If I ever got one I would, more than likely, use it to augment my event scanner.

I'm looking at the various on line manuals now for such things as frequency ranges (no low band I bet), how many channel slots, and whether or not the ear phone cord(s) serve also as an antenna.

I'm anxious to hear from someone that actually has tried one of these.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
A buddy of mine bought one of these in Michigan last year. It is indeed pretty slick, but wouldnt serve much of a purpose beyond Nascar scanning. Basically, as it was explained to us at their little booth... These guys programmed in every frequency they could find that was licensed to Nascar or a Nascar team. The radio is programmable in a sense that you can select which frequency goes with which car. So lets say Dale Jr uses his Ch.1 this week, but switches to Ch.2 next week. What you would have to do is go to their booth at the track and get the current program listing, then line the drivers up to the proper frequencies. I believe they also had a way of programming it on the spot for you via some sort of download. My buddy really liked his, but my reasoning was that if you are going to spend that much $$ on one, why not get at least one of the Uniden Nascar scanners that you can use for everyday scanning away from the track. But try explaining that to a drunk race fan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.