Preview Slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

That light-green on white combination hurts my eyes. Huge contrasts are better. No, I'm not old and blind. :)

Also, can you put some spaces between the signal meter and the system type, in slide 03?

Looks great. You released some tantalizing pics a couple of months ago but we never heard from you again.. So release the darned thing already !! :)

D

DaveNF2G

I'm not sure what fwradio means by his question, but I'll ask a more specific one:

Will UniTrunker be able to decipher the multipart control information that is sent by some P25 systems on UHF?

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Looks great! Like others have asked have the VHF and UHF trunking issues been figured out yet?

DiGiTaLD

Awesome!

Looks great, Rick. Very much looking forward to using it when it's ready!

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
DaveNF2G said:
I'm not sure what fwradio means by his question, but I'll ask a more specific one:

Will UniTrunker be able to decipher the multipart control information that is sent by some P25 systems on UHF?

That is what I meant to ask. Right now all I can see with VHF P25 Trunking is Properties affiliiations. I cannot see any system info, site info, group info, or radio info. All of my log files pertaining to the system are empty. I do have the daily logs.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I liked the original design I saw with the tabs versus this newer independent window configuration. If you're only using the application it's no big deal but when you're multi-tasking it makes things pretty cluttered.

How about a master window with all of these individual windows within it (or go back to tabs)? That way you can minimize it and essentially minimize everything.

SCPD

QRT
Airdorn said:
Looks great. You released some tantalizing pics a couple of months ago but we never heard from you again.. So release the darned thing already !!
The earlier flash demo worked better than hoped for in some areas but hit the wall in others.

This is a re-write. CPU consumption is reduced. The EXE file fits (just barely) on a 3.5" floppy disk. The previous version was several megabytes and required the Microsoft .NET runtime. Unlike T4Win (vintage 2002 for those that remember) - the new program does NOT require any downloads from Microsoft (such as MS XML). This should simplify life for folks running older Windows PCs.

fwradio said:
Right now all I can see with VHF P25 Trunking is Properties affiliations.
Sorry - I don't have the time at the moment to chase this down. As you can see, I need to get some larger projects off my plate first.

FlastSWT said:
Looks great! I hope there is still an option for a black background though.
You may set text colors and font to your liking. If you liked running Unitrunker in full-screen mode so you could read it from across the room - try maximizing the window with a 16 point font and a high-contrast color scheme.

wayne_h said:
I liked the original design I saw with the tabs versus this newer independent window configuration. If you're only using the application it's no big deal but when you're multi-tasking it makes things pretty cluttered.
It's the same general layout you saw before - the tabs are on the bottom.

How about a master window with all of these individual windows within it (or go back to tabs)? That way you can minimize it and essentially minimize everything.
There's a "master" application window but no list of open windows is provided.

I'm not a fan of MDI style window managers. Most users already know how to use the Windows' taskbar. You are not forced to have 20 windows open at once - but you can if you want. The problem with a strictly tab-only interface is you can't see things side-by-side. Clicking the tab for system A implies you no longer see system B. This hybrid mix of pop-up windows - each with a tabbed interface is - I think - a good compromise.

topnik

Beautiful...

...yes please...ASAP!

I don't care about colors...if it provides the same or more functionality, by which I mean, more ways to sort info and it works as well or better than the past versions...

Heck, I've made more submissions to RR and have heard/analyzed more systems than ever before with the current release...don't even want to admit how much time I'd spend with the nifty neato keen version you keep teasing us with...

Great program no matter the form...

Can't wait...

Spanky###

Status
Not open for further replies.