Price drop - too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it's a scam. These are all over Amazon. If you notice seller information "Just Launched" and no reviews. The seller will be taken down soon.

SCPD

QRT
Still there. I hope Amazon does remove this or are they are going to wait until someone gets screwed?. Anyway the seller says:

"Shine Super Store is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service".

Well that settles it for me!! :)

Aero125

Ironically the shipping amount of 4.84 is the CA penal code section 484 - Theft. Amazon does a poor job of vetting new 3rd party sellers and it often takes the first victims complaints to weed them out. At least Amazon does a great job of taking care of the victim with immediate credit and a free month of Prime, plus a token gift card/credit.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Amazon will back your purchase with their A to Z guarantee. You must attempt to resolve the issue with the seller, and there is a time period before you can file a claim.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's not a problem if you buy direct from Amazon, or if the item is fulfilled by Amazon. Anything else, be as careful about seller ratings as you would an ebay seller.

milcom_chaser

Here's their price on it in relation to other radios their selling...

Attachments

• Other prices.png
    Other prices.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 813

Nasby

Got an alert for a price drop on the BCD 325P2 for $228 + S/H via Amazon from a store front called
Super Shine, just hosted, yet shows an inventory of items.

Take a look, first in the list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00V91IN62/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

If you place the order, you won't get the scanner. But you will get a refund.

And the scammer may have your credit card / paypal info for future frauds.

That's why Amazon sucks so badly. Too many of these phishing ads.

marksmith

I would not buy anything of consequence from a seller that is just launched or only has a couple quickie reviews on inconsequential items.

If the seller had 95% and had a thousand reviews I would jump on it, othwrwise, go for the one for $300, which isn't bad.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

milcom_chaser

Actually, the seller doesn't directly get your credit card info,
Amazon bills them...

hamstang

Premium Subscriber

Don't think you'll find much agreement with "Amazon sucks so badly" opinion. Best customer service I've encountered.

sprite1741

Just search( Amazon just listed seller scam )in your favorite search engine. Lots of good reading. They have many ways to trick you into your personal information. Sometimes having you re-enter your card info on a fake Amazon page, or have you buy an Amazon gift card and they steal the cash from that. This is a scam and will get removed but not until someone complains about it. I hope no one will fall for this. It's not just scanners but about anything of value on Amazon gets hit with this.

traceylacy67

Premium Subscriber
If you look up other scanners the same company is selling those also at the same price. I noticed that they had whistler scanner for exact same price so I knew it had to be a scam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmi8dy

the usual give away is that they want you to buy a amazon gift card for the purchase of the scanner, then they want you to give them the card number off the amazon gift card.

Status
Not open for further replies.