BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Price Increase and Age Of Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMET_Matt

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
I've been doing research on the BCD996P2 before I purchase, and I have 2 questions:

1. I noticed the price increase from $389.99 to $409.99, anybody know why?
2. From what I can gather, this radio has been out for a couple of years, is there a newer model that will be released to replace this?

The luck I have is that when I get this, a newer unit will be released! I want to spend my money wisely on a new scanner that will serve my needs for a while.

Thanks!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
I've been doing research on the BCD996P2 before I purchase, and I have 2 questions:

Price increase, as with all electronics and cars and appliances, is due to difficulty getting electronic components due to Covid. Been talking about it here and in the news media for months.

2. From what I can gather, this radio has been out for a couple of years, is there a newer model that will be released to replace this?

The newer model has been released it is the SDS100 and 200 series from Uniden.

The price is based upon on market pressures. Been to the grocery store lately? :LOL:

As was stated above, the SDS scanners are the newest models. They receive the same system types but have more features.

I have a 996P2 and love it!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

The luck I have is that when I get this, a newer unit will be released! I want to spend my money wisely on a new scanner that will serve my needs for a while.

Thanks!
Prices for a number of items, including scanners, have increased over the last few months. There's been shortfalls in the components needed to build scanners (and other electronic devices), which also drives prices higher. Add to that a major fire at a large chip manufacturing plant, which has also impacted vehicle production.

Uniden does not announce new products until just before the actual release date, so no way of knowing if there will be a follow-on to the 996P2 (a non-database scanner), or if Uniden will focus more on the database scanners, such as the 436HP, 536HP, SDS100, and SDS200.

BMET_Matt

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info! Going to order my unit and be put on the waiting list!

trp2525

Greetings,

1. I noticed the price increase from $389.99 to $409.99, anybody know why?...
Thanks for the info! Going to order my unit and be put on the waiting list!
You didn't state which store/retailer you got the price of $409.99 from in your original post or whose "waiting list" you were being put on.

FYI the FactoryOutletStore.com currently has the Uniden BCD992P2 scanner listed as "In Stock" on their website and the price is $389.95 with FREE shipping included. They also have a 30-day return policy per their website.

If anyone wants to order one, here's the direct link: Uniden Bearcat BCD996P2 Base / Mobile Scanner

Last edited:

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Ha, go look at the price of the 436hp on Amazon. $489. It was $375 back in 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.