• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Price the Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty777

I'm sure you have all see the Mother of all Install / Shacks in the "Show me yours" section.

Re: http://www.hewezi.com/radio-shack.html

index_01.jpg

and many many more photo's besides.

But I haven't seen a thread on guess the price.

I just wonder roughly how much that guy has spent.

Just to start a pure speculative stab in the dark... $100,000 ???????? (There again just one of his rigs is $10,000 plus, so may be more??)

kf4lne

he has about 5 times as much invested in those studio quality audio processors than he has in radios. I have worked in broadcast stations that didn't have that kind of equipment. He looks like he may also be a shortwave pirate

Last edited:

Yokoshibu

pirate or audiofile... Hey he could be a rapper! or producer you never know! either way I have to say I really like what he has got going. stereotype, envy ... nah just jealousy!

Matty777

Lol...talk about vere off track.

Pirate, Obsessive, keen whatever.

"C'mon down the Price is Right"

How much...gwan have a guess!!!

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
kf4lne said:
he has about 5 times as much invested in those studio quality audio processors than he has in radios. I have worked in broadcast stations that didn't have that kind of equipment.

If Broadcast Stations use Berringer consumer/semi pro gear, we're all in trouble. :)
The processing in that rack is not all that expensive compared to an Omnia or Orban Optimod.

And yeah...I work in Broadcasting. ;)

kf4lne

Well, personally I prefer the Omnia. Last station I was at had an FM3 with the AM card and once i got it set right that little POS Armstrong transmitter put out a sound like you wouldnt believe. But yeah, I have been in stations using consumer grade gear. Last time I priced an Omnia it was listed in Radioworld for something like $13000 or so. Well worth the price :) I still think he looks like a shortwave pirate and he sure isnt a CW op with all those goodies!. BTW, I need an Omnia to go with this. I already have the remote facilities controller and the EAS unit :)

Attachments

• 314r.jpg
    314r.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

cschmit

Gotta love how the guy photoshoped himself into the picture too, lol.
Eh I am no pro but my guess is $250,000+ for the equipment..

jellotor

Well, he could have spent more. Looks to me like none of those processors above the mixer are rackmounted...he really should have purchased rails and built a nice cabinet for them or had it custom made...

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
You don't need an Omnia for that. You need a compellor, a couple of Texar Audio Prizims and an Optimod 8100. Shotgun the caps, and that audio chain will rock the box! Buy it all online for under 5k. ;)

Oh yeah, put a Urei LA-4 on the Mic, too.

kf4lne said:
Well, personally I prefer the Omnia. Last station I was at had an FM3 with the AM card and once i got it set right that little POS Armstrong transmitter put out a sound like you wouldnt believe. But yeah, I have been in stations using consumer grade gear. Last time I priced an Omnia it was listed in Radioworld for something like $13000 or so. Well worth the price :) I still think he looks like a shortwave pirate and he sure isnt a CW op with all those goodies!. BTW, I need an Omnia to go with this. I already have the remote facilities controller and the EAS unit :)

flyingwolf

Old School
My Guess, the card and him are fake, the picture itself is real.

But notice the card is not set in anything, and the jpeg blurring around the edges of the card where as the rest of the shot is fine.

Also look at his neck, clearly wearing an undershirt of white cotton with a very light cotton button down on top of that.

Yet his neck has a blue? polka dot pattern.

This was photochopped.

It may be his, but is it so hard to have a your picture taken while in the room?

As for the equipment, I would venture a guestimation of about 90k.

richster

flyingwolf said:
My Guess, the card and him are fake, the picture itself is real.

But notice the card is not set in anything, and the jpeg blurring around the edges of the card where as the rest of the shot is fine.

Also look at his neck, clearly wearing an undershirt of white cotton with a very light cotton button down on top of that.

Yet his neck has a blue? polka dot pattern.

This was photochopped.

It may be his, but is it so hard to have a your picture taken while in the room?

As for the equipment, I would venture a guestimation of about 90k.

Flyingwolf is correct, the photo is doctored. It looks like he photoshop'd a younger version of himself in that picture. I remember looking through the wedding photos of his daughter's wedding and there is a picture of him sitting at a table. I thought WOW did he age.

As far as cost of his entire setup, I would venture to say $150K. Don't forget the impressive antennae.

Regards,
Richster.

Status
Not open for further replies.