Pricing a 780 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

Hope this is an appropriate question.

Have a 780 which is in mint condition.
Will probably be purchasing a 996, once I can convince the wife that it's the only thing missing in our lives.

Have no idea what these things are worth now.
Too old to play with learning eBay.

What would be a "fair" price to ask for the 780 ?

Is there a Scanning Forum where you can appropriately list these things ?
Live outside of Boston.

Thanks,
B.

scannersnstuff

bc780 new price.

i thought i would make thing's easy and do $230.00 w/shipping.so far no taker's.i did have it for $200.00 shipping extra.i figure i'm going to have to pay the x-tra buck's to insure it up to $200.00 anyway if i ship ups.so far no taker's.$220.00 now w/shipping............

MacombMonitor

In the last six months, I've seen them go between $175.00~$250.00, depending on condition, and how desperate the seller/buyer was. Average price for a clean one seems to be around $200.00.

If you can live without the alpha display, the BC898T is an excellent alternative! If you use a computer, and software, you can also have alpha display. I use one for MilCom's, and it's excellent! The large manual tuning knob is great also. You can buy a brand new BC898T for around $200.00~$230.00.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Bought mine from another RR member for $185 (including extra goodies) and it was in mint condition!!

Good luck!

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

bc780

mine is also mint with all accesories.it was also hardly ever used.it was just a backup to my main 780.i just don't care to sell it for lower than that.i still think that $220.00 with shipping is a fair price.like a friend of mine say's "i'd rather have it sit around in my collection than sell it for less than i want.".i do know they are fetching more than that.i guess it all depend's on how desperate you are to sell it.i sold more than 1 scanner for less than i wanted and then regreted it.

hulka

Well I might be giving a few of you a holler in the next month. I was going to buy a Pro-2051 to monitor Mil-Air but was told in the past that the 780 is a GREAT scanner for Mil-Air. It will be my birthday and I should have a few extra bucks so hopefuly my wife will say yes to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.