Primary Response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDS-INC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just moved to the bronx this weekend, i came from buffalo and i am enrolled in NYU now,
I reprogrammed my scanner for FDNY this weekend, i use to listen on Melsgarage.com alot, and i am pretty good at remembering the dispatch lingo, but today as i was unpacking, i noticed a dispatcher i never heard before, and when she was dispatching calls out, she kept dispatching the adress followed by "primary Response". I never heard a dispatcher use "primary Response" .
is this something new that the FDNY has implimented?
this was heard on Bronx Citywide.

FrankRaffa

Could she have said "Rapid Response" which is the name of a central station alarm company?

"Primary response" is not in our lexicon. Is it possible you were listening to another department?

CDS-INC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No, i was listening to Bronx Citywide, i think that this girl might of migrated from another department that uses it, she used it several times around 1545.
Im going to listen tomorrow and see if she is back on.

FrankRaffa

There's no such thing as "Bronx Citywide". They are 2 different frequencies, 154.19 and 154.43. If you're tuned to Citywide (154.43) you might be hearing Monouth County NJ as they are the primary licensee of that frequency, we're secondary licensees.

Status
Not open for further replies.