Prince Albert Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

codawg

I was thinking of buying myself a scanner so I could listen in on what go's on around the city, and surronding area. But did some reading and cant find anything on scanners working for the city police.

Are they encrypted?

Was planning on ordering the uniden bcd436hp, but at $670..I want too know this thing will work for all emergency responders around here..

thanks

BC_Scan

Encryption, you can count on it, but don't let it dissaude you, cause the Fire & Ambulance you should still be able to hear, It looks like they are on the PPTSN system trunked radio, so you would need a new scanner.
Provincial Public Safety Telecommunications Network Trunking System, Provincewide, Saskatchewan - Scanner Frequencies
You would have to program in system 110 & 163 , judging by what I see there , no real information exists for that community, you could be one of the few , then submit your findings here.
I am saying that because the two control channels only have been ID'd for that (area) so information needs to come forward , there is unfortuneately alot of unkowns for the area , so you could help out,
there is also a single license for 861.5125 simplex mutual aid which could indicate that PAPS is on a 800 mhz system P25 with ENC, I don't know, I see the fire has VHF licences so you would have to listen to both, then you could figure out what is going on in your community. Go for it I say.
BTW you could likely buy that scanner cheaper than that price, ebay etc, google is your friend

mark2117

I grew up in PA and left in 2007, the last time I was in the city about a year ago the municipal police were indeed encrypted. I believe that single license might be residuals from back in their encrypted EDACS Provoice days. I was however able to listen to both EMS and fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.