PRINCE GEORGE CO. NEW TRS 771-774 MHZ. RANGE FREQUENCIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Also note that the county was granted the license; L3Harris is managing the process, apparently.

W4UVV

Also note that the county was granted the license; L3Harris is managing the process, apparently.
-------------
For a $10 million new trs contract plus another $10 million contract for a 20 year maintenance contract paid for by county taxpayers, L3Harris #$%$ better be managing their milestone projected efforts and frequently provide the county BOS with updated status's monthly.

FYI L3Harris has an office in Forest, VA near Lynchburg which acts as a central contract reviewer facility for ALL L3Harris contracts in VA and possibly some other states.

Approximately six towers have to be installed inside the county as a result of current continuing poor reception for mobiles in certain fringe areas which were well known to the previous "new" radio system installer but still remain a problem.

Time will tell one way or the other.

John
W4UVV

W4UVV

Any word on them going encrypted ?
--------------

Nothing so far and possibly we never will know for sure and will have to wait until the required installations have been tested and are operational. Now if by chance the BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, POLICE CHIEF, VFD CHIEF & SHERIFF discuss the subject of encryption, their decision(s) will be final. If the responsibility for a decision to encrypt or not to be made, it will be the POLICE CHIEF'S final decision.

The present nationwide climate for law enforcement is to not support any monitoring of their comms. However, if the arguments can be made by parties with "standing" to argue limiting encryption to SWAT, TAC, & surveillance personnel and not encrypt the VFD/EMS that might or might not be acceptable.

Keep in mind also L3Harris has to subcontract for construction of six new within county fringe located towers which will require private property acquisitions and could involve eminent domain acquisition timelines being delayed.

I could be incorrect, but I believe there is an approximate two year "window" or earlier before the moving dirt and climbing existing towers process actions have begun.

My source, indirectly affiliated with the county, told me recently the latest rumor is it looks more like it's not going to bode well for monitoring the Prince George Co. trs. But there always is hope for what little may still remain regarding these subjects as time passes.

John:(
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.