Prince George's County

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that CHART tgs continue to added to the RRDB. This is a futile effort since the tgs are dynamically assigned from a (very) large range of possibilities. When other state users migrate to 700 radios, the tgs listed for CHART can be assigned to other users, again, dynamically. Plus, the page is going to physically run out of space, lol.

Question about North and South simulcast cells: are all tgs strapped across both cells, or is the traffic segmented depending on affiliation? In practice, I can see that the fire dispatch and ops tgs would always be strapped, but I'm curious if the incident tgs are regionalized, or assigned in order.

atlong

Database Admin
Agree with this...Just add to the explanation at the top, delete the dynamically assigned TG's in the list and just state that they're assigned as needed in the 20xxx range and leave it at that.

Mr_Boh

So it would appear the only use for ISSI between the State and PG is for CHART operations, which when the PG FiRST cell goes live next year will probably be meaningless anyway. I wish the DB admins had an easy way to define both ISSI TGs and Encrypted Talkgroups that are unknown since they could be tagged seperately and the DB API would be able to use that information in third-party apps. It is fine for PG since they ONLY use it for SHA, but it feels like other sites something in the ISSI range could be re-used for multiple different foreign system talkgroups. I expect this to be a problem with WMATA in the near future since their P25 will support ISSI for their response partners per plans (that may have since changed).

On the simulcasts. It depends. Example - fire incidents are regional for "A" and "C" where they are north and south - i.e. you can only listen to and transmit on 8C3 if south zone is in range, even if a north unit flips over to be nosy - but others are available in both. I believe B and D zones are available on all. I believe PD is similar with some of the sectors for similar reasons.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So it would appear the only use for ISSI between the State and PG is for CHART operations, which when the PG FiRST cell goes live next year will probably be meaningless anyway. I wish the DB admins had an easy way to define both ISSI TGs and Encrypted Talkgroups that are unknown since they could be tagged seperately and the DB API would be able to use that information in third-party apps. It is fine for PG since they ONLY use it for SHA, but it feels like other sites something in the ISSI range could be re-used for multiple different foreign system talkgroups. I expect this to be a problem with WMATA in the near future since their P25 will support ISSI for their response partners per plans (that may have since changed).

On the simulcasts. It depends. Example - fire incidents are regional for "A" and "C" where they are north and south - i.e. you can only listen to and transmit on 8C3 if south zone is in range, even if a north unit flips over to be nosy - but others are available in both. I believe B and D zones are available on all. I believe PD is similar with some of the sectors for similar reasons.
The ISSI links to PG and Montgomery's local P25 systems are supposed to make up for the state cutting the site build budget for the FIRST system in those counties - probably important for DNR units that don't confine themselves to highways like SHA and MSP. They were also planning to use ISSI to link to Carroll County's local system, but that was scrapped in favor of converting the Westminster ASR into a simulcast cell by adding two subsites in Sykesville and Taylorsville. I guess we'll see what plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.