Prince William/bcd396t/burtel 396pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng2trk

Looking for some help. I have been trying to reprogram my 396t to work with rebanded prince william.

Firmware is up to date.

Using burtel 396pro, I have tried direct import from RR both with all freq and with CC only. - nothing

I've tried the "reband" button in 396pro. I tried listed system as type II, then APCO 25.

Keep getting "looking for control channel"

Closest I have gotten is listing it as APCO 25, hit reband button, control channel only.
That gives me strong signal on 853.6000 (main cc), but nothing on any TG in ID scan or ID search.

Anyone have any ideas?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
One of the problems that cause the 'Looking for Control Channel' is that you're not hearing it very well. How strong is that from your location? Are you just using the (rather lousy) stock antenna?

Another thing to consider; the 396 out of the box is NOT ready for rebanding. You need to do the firmware upgrade, which is talked about here...

Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners - the RR Wiki

Mike

Last edited:

eng2trk

Not out of box... All firmware is current..

Signal strength is full bars. Today I'm sitting in lorton

Sitting on control channel I can watch the TG id's for pd and FD come up, but during regular "scan" I get no hits and no voice.

I have even manually programmed the system several different ways, no hits no voice

rnehls

Premium Subscriber
Have you selected Type 2 800 custom? If so and you’re using control channel only then you need to set the custom tables for Prince William. Assuming your using the most current version of the software, select the trunk system parameters, select the edit band plan button, then select the rebanded button. Save the system and reprogram your 396. It should then work for you (Hopefully)...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.