Princess Cruises DMR Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0kie

After a 2 year absence Princess Cruises has mostly returned to sailing. Before Covid I used a BFDX CS580 for Princess DMR scanning. Princess DMR was not encrypted. Yesterday I scanned the Island Princess frequencies while onboard. Lots of bridge ship/shore activity according to the CS5880 talk indicator but no expected unencrypted CS580 audio output was heard. I now have the idea that Princess Cruises and possibly Carnival as well has introduced DMR encryption during the absence from their no sailing period.

ecps92

IT could be, but until we get more folks reporting other ships it would be only a Guess that they did.

However, it could have been your programming, recently had someone tell me the NCL was all ENC
yet, my monitoring [one ship this spring] did not validate the statement of ENC

IF anyone is around the ports, I find Arrival and Departure times the best for Searching and confirming.
After a 2 year absence Princess Cruises has mostly returned to sailing. Before Covid I used a BFDX CS580 for Princess DMR scanning. Princess DMR was not encrypted. Yesterday I scanned the Island Princess frequencies while onboard. Lots of bridge ship/shore activity according to the CS5880 talk indicator but no expected unencrypted CS580 audio output was heard. I now have the idea that Princess Cruises and possibly Carnival as well has introduced DMR encryption during the absence from their no sailing period.

w0kie

Thank you. Connect Systems has just told me that the DMR CS580 cannot output RAS audio. Now asking what would be a small light weight RAS scanner for on ship Princess scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.