Not open for further replies.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
They may have added a function since last time I checked but:

In WIN 500, I highlight a section and chose "EDIT" then "COPY"

I then switch to Notepad and do a "EDIT" then "PASTE"

w2xq

Mentor
Win500 doesn't offer any print or export function that I can find. My solution was ARC500 that plays very nicely with the CSV file format. I like Win500 for its speed, but the CSV makes it easier for me to split or merge data in bulk, print or share. HTH.

KC0CSE

Well I knew you would know....you have come through many times....I'm stuck on win500...paid the money for it....maybe will try the other later...I have been programming the 106&197 for my ham friends with the program and they all ask for a copy of the programming...thanks 73's Mike

PRO106
PRO 197

w2xq

Mentor
Well, you can grab a 30-day trial of ARC500/ARC500PRO and give the CSV import/export a drive for yourself. (That's what I did before purchasing it. I look at my time as "x" number of $/hr; sometimes it's easier to not fight the trend as they say in the stock market. Life is too short.) I still use -- and like -- Win500 for quick changes and updates, but at least for me the ARC500/ARC500PRO lets me muck around with files' wholesale reorganizations and swap some with a friend here in the county who has the ARC s/w. I also use Sourceforge's jEdit - Programmer's Text Editor - overview when fooling around with CSV files; it is superfast on search/replace, multiple windows and easily handles huge files.. HTH.

poppafred

The Pro-106 can hold up to 1700 scan objects.

On average, a printed page will hold 80 lines per page.

So, a full dump of objects from a full Pro-106 can take 22 pages.

That is a lot of paper...

w2xq

Mentor
Not if you print it to a PDF file :)

I have a bunch of reference files in my Dropbox so that I can look up stuff wherever I have my smartphone. And that includes PDFs for all my RS and Yaesu rigs; I can't remember the keyboard commands. What I don't have on the smartphone I offload to my Web site.

LarrySC

If you Email me direct at: larryscan@charter.net I will show what I do in Excel. Its not a printout persay but it suits my needs. With 20 Banks divided into Conv and Trunking w/ 800 objects I really dont need a printout when I can actually see the data on my laptop. Pending your reply, Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.