BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Printing Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

regression

All, I am interested in printing / saving to Excel a list of my favorites and their associated quick key. And / or printing favorites lists and the systems / departments inside of them. As far as I know the only way to do this is 3rd party software like Butel / Proscan. Before purchasing either of those pieces of software, I want to make sure I am not missing another way to accomplish this.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
All, I am interested in printing / saving to Excel a list of my favorites and their associated quick key. And / or printing favorites lists and the systems / departments inside of them. As far as I know the only way to do this is 3rd party software like Butel / Proscan. Before purchasing either of those pieces of software, I want to make sure I am not missing another way to accomplish this.
Strictly speaking, you could print an existing Favorites list by using Notepad++ to open your Favorites file(s). However, that would generate a printout of all the data, which would include a large amount of information that is not needed, and is not identified with column headers.

While it would take some time, you could copy and paste Favorites list data from the Favorites editor into Excel, or one of the freeware MS Office emulators, such as Google Docs or Open Office, among others. But I think that the tedium of copying selected individual columns from a Favorites list into a spreadsheet format would be a lot more time consuming than you want.

I don't have ARC536, but do use ProScan. In ProScan, you can print your selected Favorites lists with information you select, or export into files importable into Excel or your office program of choice, or into HTML or hpe files, ProScan also supports multiple other Uniden models, whereas ARC536 only covers the 436/536HP series plus SDS100/SDS200.

teknishun

You are correct. Sentinel does not have a means of printing out or of copying its information and posting it into
another program outside of Sentinel. You can copy and paste and move stuff within Sentinel
but not into Excel or some external program.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber

I'm using my iMac this morning so I can't walk myself thru the details, but for Favorite List w/ QK I arrange the data on the Sentinel screen then do an area screen select (screen print function) and then paste the 'picture' into an editing program. Depending on which drop down from the tool bar you select you can move columns and change column size too. Those changes are not permanent. I've never given much thought to systems/departments, but maybe screen prints would provide some functionality. Admittedly not the same as exporting to Excel, but then arrange and formatting still has to be done. Only really missing saving the worksheets for minor edit changes when you change your Sentinel Favorite Lists.

regression

I just found if on the main screen of Sentinel, go to Edit --> Sort Favorites List and sort however you want (in my case by quick key). Then, click on one of the favorites list and press ctrl-A (for select all), then ctrl-c (for copy). Then, you can paste that into Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.