BCD996T: Priority Channels And Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
Hello,
I have a Uniden BCD996T and I am wondering is the scanner suppose to interrupt the transmission from another channel even when the priority channels aren't active. On my BC125AT it did not do this and so I am wondering if this is right. I also noticed some channels have higher volume than other channels is this because of the channel or the scanner? Also I am unsure how to program the quick keys and how to turn them off.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's possible the weather alert priority is on. In this case, the scanner listens to the weather frequencies at certain intervals (just like priority scanning does) to see if the alert tone is being transmitted.

Menu>WX Operation>WX Alt Priority is where you would check that.

Some channels are louder than others - a nature of the beast situation. You might be able to smoothen this out with the Audio AGC. This was recognized as an issue and later model scanners have the ability to establish a volume offset for channels.

Quick Keys are programmed either through the keypad (or software if available). You might check the following link on how to program them for systems/sites/groups depending upon what you want to do.

Easier to Read BCD996T/UBCD996T Digital Scanner Manual

Or you can Google "Uniden 996T Manual" and you can download the manual from Uniden. It will show up as a PDF file "BCD996Tom.pdf"

System/Site Quick Keys are "turned on/off" by merely pressing the number on the keypad for Quick Keys less than 10. For 10 and higher, press the period button "." then the two digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.