Priority ID Scan with Department Hold on x36

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjl

Question about the Priority ID scan feature for trunking systems on the x36. In general I like the feature, mainly because there is a hierarchy for priority talkgroups. I'm uncertain as to how the feature works, however, when using a department hold on a system. In particular I've tried a department hold on a system where my priority talkgroups are not part of that particular department. It seems that sometimes the priority ID scan feature will bring me the priority transmissions from outside that department, and sometimes it won't. I can't pinpoint what factor determines whether or not it does. When I do a CHANNEL hold on any talkgroup in the system, regardless of department, I still hear the priority talkgroup transmissions in that system. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this?

wnjl

Just in case anyone encounters this, I figured it out - while utilizing a Department Hold, you will still hear priority transmissions from outside that Department within the delay period (2 seconds or whatever time you set) for any transmission you lock onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.