Priority On, Does it only p/u Active Favorite List Priority Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockwavrider

Afternoon all!

I am wondering if using Priority Channel "On" and the putting Scanner In Priority mode will have it scan ALL channels marked as Priority or only channels that are in Favorite Lists that also are in "On" status in Scan Selection?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

TexTAC

Premium Subscriber
Priority "on" will only scan conventional priority channels that are currently active in a favorite list, have their service types enabled, and are not "avoided".

Shockwavrider

So if I have an FL set to "Off" in Scan Selection does that mean that those Priority Channels will not come on when scanning FLs with a Scan List Selection of "On"...this is ultimately what I am looking for.

TexTAC

Premium Subscriber
That is correct. The only way a priority conventional channel will be scanned during a priority scan is (1) the FL it is in must be activated, (2) its service type must be "on", (3) it must not be "avoided", and I'll also add (4) it must be within range if you are using location control.

Edited to add: You will get a "Priority Scan, No Channel" msg if none of the priority channels meet the criteria above.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
To add to the above: the scanner "presumes" that since you have done those things mentioned above, you are not interested in monitoring that priority channel(s).

If you get that "Priority Scan, No Channel" message, you can continue scanning. The scanner is saying "you want a channel to be a priority channel, but it is turned off somehow, so don't expect to hear it."

Status
Not open for further replies.