Priority Scan DND on BCD996xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfaure

Is there any hope Uniden will offer a firmware update that adds Priority Scan DND? My lesser Uniden scanner already has it and the audio studded is unacceptable without it.

kmi8dy

i did not realize the 996xt had dnd. if the 996xt has it then most likely the 396xt has it to, yes ? i thought only the 536 and 436 had that option. is it just like the 536 and 436 versions ?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I looked through the 396XT Complete Reference and could not find any mention of Priority DND scanning.

My guess is that we've seen all the firmware updates for the x96 series scanners that we'll ever see. For better or worse, Uniden tends to focus on their most recent models. Makes good business sense - if they keep improving "old" models, who'd want to buy a new one?

elfaure

For some reason I can't edit my OP or I would as the thread title is misleading. But NO the BCD996XT DOES NOT HAVE Pri DND but my BC345CRS does and that's my point. Why does an $85 analog scanner have a critical new feature that a $350 digital scanner lacks and needs for conventional system scanning? Both are of the same era and are both discontinued. And the new 996P2 doesn't have it either. And Close Call DND only picks up airplanes for me so I can't prioritize conventional systems without channel studder which I find unacceptable even with a 10s interval. Its really a big problem and my only gripe with my new 996XT scanner.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BC345CRS released 2016.
BCD996XT released 2009.

We had not invented that feature in 2009. I actually came up with it around 2013 IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.