Prison Escapee - Chillicothe Correctional Institute

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Listening to traffic on MARCS regarding a prison escapee. Suspect in officer's slaying escapes from jail

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (AP) -- Police searched Saturday for a man suspected in the slaying of a Chillicothe police officer after he escaped from a jail recreation area using a rope of toilet paper and bed sheets, said Ross County Sheriff Ron Nichols.

John W. Parsons, 35, is charged with four counts of aggravated murder in the 2005 shooting death of 42-year-old officer Larry Cox.

Nichols said Parsons scaled the wall of the rooftop recreation area at about 1 p.m. and landed on the jail's second-floor roof, from which he jumped onto the roof of a prisoner drop-off area. He then landed in the alley-like drop-off area and fled.

Nichols said the recreation area is surrounded by a wall of about 17 feet, topped with two lines of razor wire.

Nichols said police departments across the state and country have been alerted to look out for the inmate.

Parsons hid the makeshift rope behind a block he had dug out of his cell wall, the sheriff said. He said Parsons had removed the block using a piece of metal from a table in the cell and replaced the block using toothpaste as his mortar.

Steve :confused:

Last edited:

wdz

Feed Provider
4495066_320X240.jpg

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9596856/detail.html#

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
On the 10 PM news, there was breaking news out of Ross County that he has been spotted, and the police are closing in on him. When they were giving a live shot of the search, and I saw a Genoa Township car (Delaware County) on the scene, which I found odd.

mmartinfan

Banned
KCChiefs9690 said:
..... and I saw a Genoa Township car (Delaware County) on the scene, which I found odd.

Gahanna had a K-9 officer there on Monday. Statewide resources are being used, because of the situation and the heat.

wdz

Feed Provider
mmartinfan said:
Gahanna had a K-9 officer there on Monday. Statewide resources are being used, because of the situation and the heat.

Her name is Penny, if you ever listen to Gahanna you can usually hear her howling on the radio whenever her officer makes a traffic stop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.