Prison Hostage Situation JTVCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Prisoners are negotiating with the Guards on the Delwin System. I only can hear partial conversations I have alot of trouble monitoring this system for some reason. Anyone else listening?

phillydjdan

Roger that. I'm running UniTrunker in the unlikely event something new pops up...

phillydjdan

I hope blanton had the common sense to pull the online feed that was broadcasting the conversations between inmates and negotiators!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hope blanton had the common sense to pull the online feed that was broadcasting the conversations between inmates and negotiators!

We pulled it, the broadcaster admitted he was broadcasting talkgroups in violation of our terms of service.

Can anyone confirm for me the specific talkgroup the negotiations are being held on?

phillydjdan

Thank you for removing it. The alpha tag on the feed said something like Middletown- JVCC Ops or sometihing like that.

phillydjdan

So to clarify that talkgroup is only carried on the DELWIN system which currently only serves the Dept of Corrections, and NOT the Delaware Statewide P25 system which serves the rest of state assets...

mikedaly

Feed Provider
Thank you for removing it. The alpha tag on the feed said something like Middletown- JVCC Ops or sometihing like that.

Thanks for being the Broadcastify POLICE. The fact you state is that it said JVCC OPS or something like that. So a broadcast might or might not have been in violation of TOS based on a ALPHA tag. Most everyone that broadcast feeds put there own twist on the Alpha tag. I broadcast both a police and sheriff main dispatch. Both are known as CH-1 to the officers. But who in there right mind would put CH-1 in a Alpha tag. So based on tags they mean nothing.

AS far as the incident that was shut down. All they were taking about was nothing harmful it was ralk between a prisoner(so he says) and a negotiatior( so he says).

Im more mad that i cant hear what was going on.

Glad to have the internet police like you around.

phillydjdan

Im sorry but the safety of the officers involved trumps your desire to climax listening to a scanner feed. As Lindsay stated in another thread, the feed provider admitted it was a channel that was in violation of TOS. And you're welcome...

mikedaly

Feed Provider
We pulled it, the broadcaster admitted he was broadcasting talkgroups in violation of our terms of service.

Can anyone confirm for me the specific talkgroup the negotiations are being held on?

That got shut down fast. I SUBMITTED a request for a TOS violation. 3 months ago and server is still broadcasting police records channels ( name DOB SS numbers) and TAC channels for police. Thats still up and running strong. AND its not based a TAG from a stream.

phillydjdan

Probably wasnt addressed this fast cuz that feed didnt have 10,000 listeners. That gets the owners attention...

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Dan I too emailed the feeds owner twice about taking it down. There were a lot of comms that no one needed to hear. As far as it wasnt "harmful" I hope none of the guards family or friends heard anything said this evening.

angry-user

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah, thanks a lot, phillydjdan. The safety of the officers was fine, it was a prison and they were negotiating in that channel. The tactical stuff that may or may not have been taking place was elsewhere.

Maybe we need to come up with a distributed way for feed providers to share their streams. This is not the first time that Broadcastify arbitrarily bans things.

mikedaly

Feed Provider
Im sorry but the safety of the officers involved trumps your desire to climax listening to a scanner feed. As Lindsay stated in another thread, the feed provider admitted it was a channel that was in violation of TOS. And you're welcome...

I couldn't agree with you more. FUNNY how the 2015 San Bernardio City shooting was still able to be broadcaed and that had twice as many listeners. 16 people killed that day and was a terrorist attack. So my guess is that the officers lives on the West coast aren't as important as the East coast.

My statement is ment to have uniformity. Do something to one feed. Do it to all feeds. I also find it hard to believe that a brocaster would ADMIT that he was in violation to TOS. Knowing that he wouldnt be able to ever broadcast again on Broadcastify.

phillydjdan

You can certainly take that up with Lindsay. He'll tell you I've tried already...

Status
Not open for further replies.