• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Private Ambulance-Nextel Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I've seen a local private ambulance company (rapid response, redford, mi) anyways... they use Nextel for their primary radio system, moved from analog VHF a couple years ago. My question is... obviously on VHF you're speaking on one frequency so everyone can hear everyone else. i think they were on 155.160 direct mode. anyways, my question is.

in my use of nextel you can only call one radio at a time. but when i was sitting next to them having a bite to eat they had their radio up loud and i heard "medic 7 radio"... medic 7... "transporting" "18:35" then heard medic 9 on scene "9 on the scene" anyways, i hear all the traffic from medics/dispatch that would normally have been on the one analog channel before they went digital. how does this work? if they can only contact one radio at a time.

ok thanks.

kma371

QRT
It's not just one radio at a time.

They can do group calls too. Like a trunked radio system works.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Nextel calls it "Group Connect"

One thing to remember: Nextel is going bye-bye very soon, so they'll be relocating again.

SCPD

QRT
Nextel calls it "Group Connect"

One thing to remember: Nextel is going bye-bye very soon, so they'll be relocating again.

Oh really? Wow, wonder what they'll do then! Will Sprint replace it with something similar? To Nextel's network?

ecps92

Semi works, as a Nextel customer who made the mistake of jumping to the Sprint Direct Connect, I'm wishing I jumped to a Coffee Can and Shoe String. Constantly getting messages that I'm not in a D/C area, yet 3G and 4-5 Bars..

PS - you only will get 3-4 hrs on the Battery

They just have to purchase new handsets right from sprint sprint now has a brand new version of direct connect that works right over the cdma network.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...&flow=AAL&planSKUId=null&tabId=dt_phones&ptn=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.