Private Calls BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8FAS

Hello I just bought a bcd436hp and i'm used to using radio shack/whistler scanners. My question is, is there a way to listen to private calls. On the radio shack/ whistler scanners you can make a wildcard(private) How do you do this on a Uniden bearcat. Thanks

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Entering an ID of "i0" should create a private call wildcard that you can scan. The "i" indicates that it is an I-Call ID, which is the term Uniden uses for Private ID that you see on the RadioShack/Whistler scanners.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
This was originally posted in General Scanning. Here's the description for General Scanning:

General Scanning Discussion (32 Viewing)
For general questions not specific to a model of scanner or general discussion of use of a scanner. Manufacturer specific posts should be directed to the appropriate forums below and location specific posts should go in the appropriate regional forum..

Since this is a Uniden specific question, it belongs in the Uniden forum.

I usually post a "Thread moved" message so the OP knows where to find the thread and hopefully realizes that he posted in the wrong forum.

Now back to the OP's question.

cg

Premium Subscriber
it shows as i0 but you actually press the decimal key to enter the i
It is entered as a Talkgroup

chris

KC8FAS

Yes.. this is a P25 MPSCS. Do I enter the "i0" in any place or group under talk group ID and if so do I leave all other settings blank. A screenshot would be great.. Or a llink.

Status
Not open for further replies.