Private messages-Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You post count is well above the number required to be able to PM someone and you are a Premium Subscriber.

The other side of that coin is that some folks have all PMs blocked. Usually, in those cases, you have to contact them via email and, in the one case I know of, that information is plainly spelled out in their signature.

Who are you trying to PM?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Unable to use private messaging

Hi!

Can someone help me with private messaging? In the past I did receive and send messages, now unable.

Thank you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Hi!Can someone help me with private messaging? In the past I did receive and send messages, now unable.

Nothing wrong with your account.

I did change the option to only receive PM's from Contacts and Moderators to "No" which would have limited your ability to send and receive PM's to only people in your Contact list or a Moderator. That option is something a user can change in their settings. I'm assuming you must have changed it yourself at some point.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Nothing wrong with your account.

I did change the option to only receive PM's from Contacts and Moderators to "No" which would have limited your ability to send and receive PM's to only people in your Contact list or a Moderator. That option is something a user can change in their settings. I'm assuming you must have changed it yourself at some point.

If I made the change I did it in error.

Can I change settings to include everyone? If so, where to do it?

N4ANJ

Premium Subscriber
PM's

I sent you two PM's weeks ago about your recent speaker classified if you wish to contact me. Mike

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
W9BU said:
The other side of that coin is that some folks have all PMs blocked. Usually, in those cases, you have to contact them via email and, in the one case I know of, that information is plainly spelled out in their signature.
I just noticed I cant PM anyone either,did I do something wrong with the PM system W9BU??

When I click this link it says no permission

www.radioreference.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm

Can you (or a member) PM me if wanted? -- I dont understand.... I have always been a good member here...... Can someone explain whats going on please?

mciupa

Database Admin
If a member is on moderation, not all of the forum features are enabled.

Most members do not experience this issue.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Yes im curious why he put me on moderation buddy..... I didnt mean to make him mad,I was only concerned about the site as I love it here...............

Do you know why he put me on moderation?? I feel bad like I let him down and I dont like doing that.. Especially on sites like this that I really like........

Thank you for your time mciupa,I hope im not being a bother........

AK9R

Super Moderator
I suggest you contact the Forums Manager directly.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Thank you.... He has me blocked from the PM system so your link doesnt work (I get a permisison error)

I feel really bad,I didnt mean to make anyone mad here,especially the admin!!

AK9R

Super Moderator
I gave you a link to the email system. The forums manager does not accept PMs from anyone.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Yes I cant use that either....... He has me blocked from almost everything and I dont know why W9BU .. i didnt do anything....... I feel really bad..... He could have put me on moderation w/o blocking my PM/email access....

Does anyone know why he did this????? I just want to know what I did so wrong??? I have always been a good member here and I love this place alot!

AK9R

Super Moderator
You are on moderation. That's why your posts don't appear until a moderator approves them.

The Forums Manager is aware that you are trying to contact him.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'll contact you shortly to explain why your posts are moderated.

I'm going to close this since your issue doesn't have anything to do with the original intent of this thread. You should have started a new thread instead of hijacking someone else's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.