Privatefirewall 7.0.26.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
http://privacyware.com/personal_firewall.html

This is TOTALLY FREE and i figured someone might either not have a firewall OR want to try something new and thought what could be better than FREE,so im posting it here :)

What i think it strange is,IT DIDNT USED TO BE FREE,why is it now?? (Used to be $29.95)

travisd

Probably because Microsoft gives away most or all of this functionality for free now, either bult into the operating system (firewall), or as an add-on (Security Essentials - Anti-virus).

Just remember -- with most "free" services, you, the end-user are not the customer - you're the product being sold (to advertisers on a good day, to people doing questionable things with your data on a bad one...)

Most of these freebie and add-on desktop "firewalls" in my experience cause more problems than they really solve. Not to say they don't have their place, but I and many others have beaten our heads against problems that ultimately were resolved by disabling (and ultimately removing) some half-assed add-on security package. And I'm not only picking on the odd freebies here - the "big name" commercial packages have been just as bad, and ones that used to be useful and trustworthy have over time become not so much.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
This has gotton very good reviews from people and it got 98% on a security challenge.. (All FREE stuff scored higher than paid stuff (NO SURPRISE THERE))

Status
Not open for further replies.