Pro 106/197 CPU 2.0 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

peguin78

PSR-500/PSR-600 CPU Firmware U2.1 has been released. Any idea upgrade for RS Pro 106/197?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Radio Shack Updates

Version 1.9 is the last update on the Radio Shack site from May 2011. Since they are shipping with version 2.0 now and never offered it on their website I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. The last update for the Pro-164 wasn't up for 6 or more months after the PSR 300 update.

Seems they aren't in any hurry at Radio Shack.

PSR-500/PSR-600 CPU Firmware U2.1 has been released. Any idea upgrade for RS Pro 106/197?

Wdam33

Actually V2.0 is available on the Radio Shack website. It says it was uploaded on 1/12/12. The firmware for the 106 also contains the firmware for the 197 as well.

-Mark

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Actually V2.0 is available on the Radio Shack website. It says it was uploaded on 1/12/12. The firmware for the 106 also contains the firmware for the 197 as well.

-Mark

I'll be darned! It sure is there!

Someone else in one of the GRE forum threads said the PDF for 2.0 and 2.1 both show the same fixes as well.

EDIT: I applied the update to my sole RS branded GRE, the 197 and it went fine.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I find it interesting that the firmware update was released but there is no documentation with it to tell you what was changed.

If you have a lower firmware than 1.9 it doesn't matter. Just use the latest firmware update.

RickS31

Here's what GRE says about the 2.0 Firmware update. Note, it's focused on Canadian versions. Nothing is mentioned about the 2.1 update as to reasons for it but I have to suspect it may be the US version. Just guessing. Noticed the update from RS site calls the update 2.0 so who knows for certain.

PSR-500C/600C (Canadian Version) Firmware Revision 2.0

• Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object
to be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT
status change being lost due to a Priority check.

• Changed 154-156MHz range to accommodate Marine channels

• Added duplicate checking to conventional channels created via PGM NEW CONV

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider

-Mark

Gee, what a quick response to a simple question I asked while at work on the 12th. Its not always what you know but sometimes who you can ask.

W2bdp

Premium Subscriber
Any ideas as to why Psredit500 can see the scanner, but get 'no data from scanner' when I try to update ?

Comm port is set up ok.

FOUND THE ANSWER

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
For those like me who aren't too swift, you want to do this:

1. Make sure you have your PC/IF cable plugged in and communicate with the scanner.
2. Turn scanner off
3. Hold down PGM and turn scanner on. You'll see something like this:

uP BootVer:RF1.2
uP App Ver:RU1.8
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

4. Run the updater, select the appropriate COM port, click TEST

Assuming the updater is able to communicate with the scanner, you can proceed with the update from there.

Went without a hitch here.

Mike

WOLF09

Premium Subscriber
I understood for the PRO 197 the RS v1.8 added ( Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object to be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT status change being lost due to a Priority check.)
It already had the (Added duplicate checking to conventional channels created via PGM NEW CONV) and the power on password for the PRO 197 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.