PRO 106/197 P25 Control Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2bdp

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to see what control channel is being used ? There may be a power failure at the primary site and I didn't receive anything until I programmed the alternate channels in.

jfhtm350

Yes. Press Func then Tune and type in one of the frequencies and press enter. You will hear the control channel noise and you should see the information come up on the screen.
If not you will have to enable the option of ShowCC info. I enabled mine with ARC500.

jfhtm350

Actually press tune. Func then tune puts the freq you are looking at in tune mode.
Press pgrm then f3 for global the scroll down till you see showccinfo and set to yes and save and exit.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to see what control channel is being used ? There may be a power failure at the primary site and I didn't receive anything until I programmed the alternate channels in.
Press the Prog Key, Scroll > to the TSYS. Press the softkey under it. Scroll up or down through the frequency list in the TSYS. As you scroll you will hear the control channel come up. Press manual and then Analyze to see the CC data. If you do not hear anything, you have not programmed the CC or you are out of range of the tower.

B.K.

W2bdp

Premium Subscriber
With PSRedit500, there is a setting to dump cc info, which sends the Control Channel info to the program port in the Pro 197. It's read and decoded by Pro96.com. Looks like it shows all the voice channels used, with the control channel in red. There was other info, but I only looked at the control channel used. May have to play with the program some day, it has a lot of options. I think there is a Yahoo Group for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.