Pro 106 / 197 Rebanding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
I would like to know if after updating the firmware to the latest version on these scanners, do you still need to use custom bandplans, or will the scanner automatically set the correct one? I am using Win500 to program from the RR database. Also the main System I am wondering about is the TACN Tennessee system. I have two pro 197s and have programmed one with 800mhz standard and the other with the 800mhz rebanded table, and I notice no difference. Thanks, Gary.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I would like to know if after updating the firmware to the latest version on these scanners, do you still need to use custom bandplans, or will the scanner automatically set the correct one? I am using Win500 to program from the RR database. Also the main System I am wondering about is the TACN Tennessee system. I have two pro 197s and have programmed one with 800mhz standard and the other with the 800mhz rebanded table, and I notice no difference. Thanks, Gary.
For TACN, the band plan is not necessary. That's a P25 Standard system, and the scanner will acquire the necessary tables information from the control channel data.

For a Motorola Type II system, the system may not need the tables IF the number in the fourth decimal place of all system frequencies is a 5 (five), i.e. 851.66250. If the number in that position is a 0 (zero), i.e. 851.32500, then you would need to set the system to use the Custom tables, and enter the values. The scanner would not get that information from the control channel for the Type II systems. That only occurs on the P25 systems. EDACS and LTR systems do not need custom tables, only the entry of the updated frequencies in the correct LCN positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.