PRO 106 / 197 TSYS TGRP questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stok573

hello readers,

this coming summer we will be traveling a lot through the state of Alaska therefor i want to program my PRO197 with all possible frequencies and TSYS and than clone it to the PRO106 cause its easier to see on the PRO197. anyways my question is what would be the best way to do this, the page i want to use for this is

Alaska Land Mobile Radio (ALMR) Trunking System, Statewide, Alaska - Scanner Frequencies

when you have a look at the frequency list on that page thats where it gets a little confusing.
do i add all the red and blue that all say kenai peninsula together in no matter what order in one TSYS?
and for anchorage all the red and blue together? and seperate it like that or is that too many for one TSYS would this make the scanner slower? and notadd the black coloured frequencies?

i just want all the frequencies for this whole state programmed, i do think this scanner has the capacity for this. we dont know which or where we travel to thats why i just want to have this scanner ready to go and not mess with while were traveling.

thank you for reading,
marc

N8IAA

hello readers,

this coming summer we will be traveling a lot through the state of Alaska therefor i want to program my PRO197 with all possible frequencies and TSYS and than clone it to the PRO106 cause its easier to see on the PRO197. anyways my question is what would be the best way to do this, the page i want to use for this is

Alaska Land Mobile Radio (ALMR) Trunking System, Statewide, Alaska - Scanner Frequencies

when you have a look at the frequency list on that page thats where it gets a little confusing.
do i add all the red and blue that all say kenai peninsula together in no matter what order in one TSYS?
and for anchorage all the red and blue together? and seperate it like that or is that too many for one TSYS would this make the scanner slower? and notadd the black coloured frequencies?

i just want all the frequencies for this whole state programmed, i do think this scanner has the capacity for this. we dont know which or where we travel to thats why i just want to have this scanner ready to go and not mess with while were traveling.

thank you for reading,
marc

Having had a 106 for many years now, and playing around with how it works, trying to use all tower sites in one ScanList will just drive the scanner nuts trying to lock onto a signal. You have 20 ScanLists, and 39,000+ memory slots.

The 106 only uses one memory slot per trunking site. Customize each ScanList for each area you are traveling through. This way, you will be able to monitor those specific sites and TGID's. It sure is easier to push one button to change the area you are monitoring.
HTH,
Larry

stok573

thanks for your reply Larry,

so ok i would make about 18 TSYS if i see this real quick devided over 20 scanlists. so to have each TGRP ID showing up and telling me what it is i have to program every TGRP ID seperate for each TSYS? or can i program each TGRP ID only once and have it search all those 18 TSYS?

i hope it makes sence, what im thinking is, instead of going through the TGRP ID list everytime i would like it to show up and tell me what i am listening to what i see so far seems about little over 500 TGRP ID's i.e 61841.
it seems like a lot of work but i dont mind as long i know it worth the trouble

thanks for reading,
marc

N8IAA

thanks for your reply Larry,

so ok i would make about 18 TSYS if i see this real quick devided over 20 scanlists. so to have each TGRP ID showing up and telling me what it is i have to program every TGRP ID seperate for each TSYS? or can i program each TGRP ID only once and have it search all those 18 TSYS?

i hope it makes sence, what im thinking is, instead of going through the TGRP ID list everytime i would like it to show up and tell me what i am listening to what i see so far seems about little over 500 TGRP ID's i.e 61841.
it seems like a lot of work but i dont mind as long i know it worth the trouble

thanks for reading,
marc

You can put multiple TGID's in multiple ScanLists. I presume that you are using software to program the scanner. Or, at least I hope you are:) I use Win500, and there is a column on the right hand side that allows you to put TG's and conventional frequencies in the different Lists. I do this with a couple of counties near me. SO/PD in one, FD in another, etc..
But since you are talking about 18 sites, I would put those in 18 Lists along with the associated TG's.
HTH,
Larry

stok573

hey Larry,

no i do not have the software or the cable. i do have some CONV mixed with TRGP's in one and more ScanLists and i do have the impression that not all the time all the TGRPs are being scanned, im not sue though.
i also wonder since only a few TGRPs are encrypted if it be possible just to log out those that are instead of programming the ones i do hear just to block out the ones i cant hear.

marc

N8IAA

hey Larry,

no i do not have the software or the cable. i do have some CONV mixed with TRGP's in one and more ScanLists and i do have the impression that not all the time all the TGRPs are being scanned, im not sue though.
i also wonder since only a few TGRPs are encrypted if it be possible just to log out those that are instead of programming the ones i do hear just to block out the ones i cant hear.

marc

Download Win500 at: Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400, 310, 410) scanners

Get the cable at the Shack.
It will make programming the scanner so much easier. Maybe support RR with a premium membership and be able to import what you want:)
I can tell you I've tried to program my 106/197 by hand and lost more hair than I care to admit:lol:
Larry

blue5011

hello readers,

this coming summer we will be traveling a lot through the state of Alaska therefor i want to program my PRO197 with all possible frequencies and TSYS and than clone it to the PRO106 cause its easier to see on the PRO197.
You can have all the frequencies programmed in, but you will not hear anything because the ALMR conversations are encrypted.

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16-5) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

blue5011 said:
hello readers,

this coming summer we will be traveling a lot through the state of Alaska therefor i want to program my PRO197 with all possible frequencies and TSYS and than clone it to the PRO106 cause its easier to see on the PRO197.
You can have all the frequencies programmed in, but you will not hear anything because the ALMR conversations are encrypted.

I think if you look again you will find that you're incorrect.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
RR Locations

hello readers,

thank you for reading,
marc

When I've successfully programmed large statewide trunking systems, I have used "RR Locations" to do so. You can find this on the line directly below "system frequencies" on the far right side of the page.

After clicking this, you can see the various sites across the state. You can also zoom in or out to see if where your route intersects these locations. Site Map: Alaska Land Mobile Radio (ALMR) Trunking System, Statewide, Alaska

I also strongly recommend getting Win500 since I believe it is easier to operate than manual or ARC 500 (another software).

With Win500, you can look at the layout of what you're going to load into your radio. Each & every time I've attempted to manually program my radio, I've messed things up.

blue5011

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16-5) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I think if you look again you will find that you're incorrect.
Not according to this post from 12-4-13:

" I'm new to the site and to the scanner world. Need suggestions/help. I live in ak (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
ride907 12-04-2013 2:32 PM by kikito"

I may not currently live in Alaska, but I still have plenty of friends who do. And from what I hear, all LEO traffic is encrypted. As far as traveling the state, you will find Anchorage (Wasilla, Kenai, Homer), Fairbanks (Healy, Nenana, Delta Junction), and Valdez (Glenallen) as metro areas. Everything else is off the road system. To go any where else, you going to need to fly, or walk...

Status
Not open for further replies.