PRO-106 access to SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsmiyh

I've installed the software for the 107 downloaded the updates, but I cannot get the software to access the SD card in the radio. I clicked on the "Copy configuration from SD card", and a box opens asking me to select the drive where the SD is located. I cannot proceed from there. Is there a trick I am missing. I've tried this with raio plugged in and then turned on, held menu key and plugged in, etc. HELP!

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've installed the software for the 106, downloaded the updates, but I cannot get the software to access the SD card in the radio. I clicked on the "Copy configuration from SD card", and a box opens asking me to select the drive where the SD is located. I cannot proceed from there. Is there a trick I am missing. I've tried this with raio plugged in and then turned on, held menu key and plugged in, etc. HELP!

Just out of curiosity, what software are you using with your Pro106?

wsmiyh

My bad. It is a PRO-107, even though that name does not appear on it anywhere. I am getting a little older and more forgetful. Lo siento mucho.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 106

If you have a RS radio with a SD card, then only software from RS will work with it. If it does not have a card, then only third party software is available, such as ARC500 (and others). The Pro 106 requires a special programming cable and third party software. The Pro 107 and Pro 18 use a standard usb cable or you can remove the card and program it in a card reader, which is usually much quicker.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 107

While the reader may seem stupid, it is enough faster that some prefer to use it, especially if you have very many systems in the radio. It is also much easier and faster than updating a Pro 106 or BCD396XT system. One thing to remember is that a larger SD card will take longer to boot, and a 2GB easily holds everything available in the database.

wsmiyh

Okay, I took the SD out and put in my card reader. Software found it instantly. Clicked on operation to transfer data on card to computer. On screen it looked like the transfer took place. Software locked up, did not show data transferred, had to turn computer off to get out of the RS software. Is this the usual sort of behavior I am to expect from this thing. If so, it is headed for the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.