Pro-106 alignment and adjustment technical

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
pro-106 out of tune need voltages and tp associated with alignment and frequencies... please help thanks in advance

sjlamb

If you want to booger it up further, order yourself a service manual from your local Radio Shack store and have at it. Your past posts have made it very clear that you lack the expertise, experience and electronics lab required to perform a front-end rf alignment on this or any other digital scanner. Do yourself a favor and send it in for factory service.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If you want to booger it up further, order yourself a service manual from your local Radio Shack store and have at it. Your past posts have made it very clear that you lack the expertise, experience and electronics lab required to perform a front-end rf alignment on this or any other digital scanner. Do yourself a favor and send it in for factory service.

I didnt come here to be ridiculed ok..

I asked for help. after all isnt that what this THREAD was for..

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

We don't mind helping you, but giving you the means to screw up your 106 is not help but harm ok?
As said, you have no idea what alignment procedures are for that radio.

n9zas

sjlamb

You were being offered sage advice to help guide you away from a self-inflicted head wound. You were also given direction on how to obtain the information you requested, if you were foolish enough to proceed.

The fact is that you, sir, are what is know in the industry as a "tinkerer"..... one whom, with golden screwdriver in hand, believes that he can improve upon what took a very talented team of electrical engineers years to design and build. Invariably, your end result is that you trash a perfectly good product and then expect the manufacturer to repair or replace the unit that you just FUBAR'D at THEIR expense.

Your posting history is blatant evidence that the extent of your electronic expertise is limited to the 396XT that you destroyed in about six months and then blamed on Uniden.

Please.... go get a service manual and re-align your Pro-106. Let us know how that works out for you.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
You were being offered sage advice to help guide you away from a self-inflicted head wound. You were also given direction on how to obtain the information you requested, if you were foolish enough to proceed.

The fact is that you, sir, are what is know in the industry as a "tinkerer"..... one whom, with golden screwdriver in hand, believes that he can improve upon what took a very talented team of electrical engineers years to design and build. Invariably, your end result is that you trash a perfectly good product and then expect the manufacturer to repair or replace the unit that you just FUBAR'D at THEIR expense.

Your posting history is blatant evidence that the extent of your electronic expertise is limited to the 396XT that you destroyed in about six months and then blamed on Uniden.

Please.... go get a service manual and re-align your Pro-106. Let us know how that works out for you.

the 396xt was a different story... that had an actual factory defect... the 106 was dropped but will take advice and send it in for repair before i do bugger it up... :) i do have the signal gen.. frequency counters and all but will bring it back and wait for the turnaround time.... anyone know RS repair rates ?

sorry about the previous posts BTW

DickH

... the 106 was dropped ...

Ah, now the truth comes out. Reminds me of the days when I repaired scanners, and old Motorola and GE tube-type receivers. A guy would come in and I would say, what happened? Often they would answer, oh, I just tightened up those screws (pointing to the tuning coils). :)

gewecke

Banned
Ah, now the truth comes out. Reminds me of the days when I repaired scanners, and old Motorola and GE tube-type receivers. A guy would come in and I would say, what happened? Often they would answer, oh, I just tightened up those screws (pointing to the tuning coils). :)

" oh, I just tightened up those screws" Lol, that's classic! :lol:

n9zas

SCPD

QRT

lol funny but honestly the 106 HAS NOT been apart...
lol was dropped only and it still works just 800 mhz trunking moto II systems has to have squelch almost opened to trunk even with 99% decode rate and 715 rssi...
think its in need of a tuning and thats all... but i wont mess with it its at RS now... lol being sent out and i didnt know the warranty i paid for also includes drops bangs and all that.... no wonder it was 59.00 more for the extended 2 year haha..

glad i got it now

Last edited:

sjlamb

And tell me, Dick.... just how many of those ferrite slugs did you find cracked along the way that "were never touched by anyone"?

Tube radios?? Careful friend..... your dating yourself. Now for me.... this is my poison. I got a room full of old gold that I've restored over the years:

Attachments

• IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,373
Last edited:

DickH

And tell me, Dick.... just how many of those ferrite slugs did you find cracked along the way that "were never touched by anyone"?

Tube radios?? Careful friend..... your dating yourself. Now for me.... this is my poison. I got a room full of old gold that I've restored over the years:

Ha Ha ! It goes farther back. We (Needham, MA, near Boston) Pol. & Fire were on 1714 Kc just above the AM broadcast band. There were 4 cities and towns on the same freq. I used to re-tune the oscillator in a car radio and we could pick them up perfectly - no squelch, of course. And I think Cleveland was on a nearby freq. that we could hear at night.

After that came Army surplus tank sets. They were tunable with 10 setable push buttons in the Low Band, 30-39MHz.

Then we got into old taxi 2-way radios for Hi Band. That's all waaaaay before scanners.

gewecke

Banned
Ha Ha ! It goes farther back. We (Needham, MA, near Boston) Pol. & Fire were on 1714 Kc just above the AM broadcast band. There were 4 cities and towns on the same freq. I used to re-tune the oscillator in a car radio and we could pick them up perfectly - no squelch, of course. And I think Cleveland was on a nearby freq. that we could hear at night.

After that came Army surplus tank sets. They were tunable with 10 setable push buttons in the Low Band, 30-39MHz.

Then we got into old taxi 2-way radios for Hi Band. That's all waaaaay before scanners.

Dick, you're telling your age there,ol boy! :wink:

n9zas

N1BHH

You really need to take the edge off. When you ask a question, be sure to spell out exactly what you want. Effective posts will say, I'm in Podunk, and I'm trying to program in all the Podunk County frequencies and trunk systems to my whiz bang new scanner and was wondering where you all could point me to find this information.

Google is always a good start. Google will give you loads of hits for just about anything you wish. There is also Radio Reference and the toolbar across the top of the page with all sorts of links to information.

sjlamb

There'a alot of history there.... and plenty of good times and memories too. Thanks for sharing. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.