Pro 106 and band plan table question

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Having not used my Pro 106 in a while and I was wondering if the ARC500 software has updated the band plan for 700 & 800 MHz trunked systems.

I believe the spacing is different now. The software defaults to the steps being 25.0.

Have any of you had good luck in just entering the lower and upper frequencies of the system with no offset and 6.25 for spacing?

If you have, what did you use for the base entry?

Thanks!

Happy New Year!

John

tvengr

Well Known Member
For P25, the correct band plan is loaded from the control channel if system type is set to P25 Auto. I use ARC500 also. What is your nearest city or town and which systems and agencies do you want to monitor?

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
For P25, the correct band plan is loaded from the control channel if system type is set to P25 Auto. I use ARC500 also. What is your nearest city or town and which systems and agencies do you want to monitor?

Since it has been a while using the Pro 106, I thought it had to be set via the software.

There are 2 systems.

One is the Greater Cleveland Radio Communications Network - GCRCN which is purely a 800MHz system. GCRCN (Greater Cleveland Radio Communications Network) Trunking System, Cleveland, Ohio

Second is the Ohio MARCS system site 002-001 which is a combined 700 & 800MHz system.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Have you tried these systems before? Both the Cuyahoga County site on the MARCS system and the Cleveland site on the Greater Cleveland system are simulcast which may be an issue using the PRO-106. If you have any problems, please attach your ARC500 gr5 file and I will take a look at it.

Last edited:

Swipesy

Jphila20, there is no need to mess with band plans on the Pro106. Just program GCRCN, MARCS and Parma 25 with each system's control frequencies and use P25 Auto. I still use a PSR 500 in the Geauga, Portage Summit corner and reception is excellent. Head West towards Cuyahoga County and good luck with LSM. Garble to deaf to clear. I use Win500 and PSREdit to program my 500.