Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades on Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Good morning,

On the Wiki page Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades, it mentions:

To find the updates, check the files section of the scanner's Yahoo group;

When I view these two Yahoo pages, I find that the "files" sections are inactive/unavailable on both pages, (and that the "conversations" section is active only on the Pro-197 page).

Just curious, does anyone else find any CPU/DSP Upgrade files currently stored in the "files" sections of either of the above Yahoo groups? (If so, then I assume a Yahoo account is required to access them.)

Thanks,

RonnieUSA

Good morning,

On the Wiki page Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades, it mentions:

When I view these two Yahoo pages, I find that the "files" sections are inactive/unavailable on both pages, (and that the "conversations" section is active only on the Pro-197 page).

Just curious, does anyone else find any CPU/DSP Upgrade files currently stored in the "files" sections of either of the above Yahoo groups? (If so, then I assume a Yahoo account is required to access them.)

Thanks,

Yes they are there. To see files You must be a member of the group.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah that's how most of the Yahoo groups work. You need to join to get full access.It's a pretty simple procedure.

Unfortunately RS is gradually removing this stuff from their website. When I last looked yesterday the only 197 they had was refurbished, and it had all the support pages. I suspect that once that unit is sold that page and all the support stuff will eventually go with it. The only thing they had for the 106 was a carrying case. If you just do a blind search on the model numbers you'll see what I mean, and the links to the RS website were bad anyway.

As an aside, I did something similar for the PRO-163 and 164 - although there's a page on the RS website with the firmware fixes, it doesn't have the instructions on how to apply the changes (another case, I suppose, of 'you got questions, we got blank stares...') even though it appears to be a pretty easy procedure. It's not very useful without knowing how to put the changes in. I also fixed the PRO-96 FAQ for basically the same reason - the links to the RS website were bad there, too.

Might as well fix that now, before someone else looks for it on the RS website and finds they're no longer there. Folks have been pretty good about storing these upgrades in the Yahoo groups, so it's prudent to change it now

Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That link unfortunately doesn't work in the latest version of Chrome.

Good find, that. We'll have to find a place to put it, although who knows how long it will actually be there....I'll distribute it, I think, to all the relevant RS pages later today. It's better than having to chase it wherever RS decides to put it when their website changes....

Mike

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
That link unfortunately doesn't work in the latest version of Chrome.

Good find, that. We'll have to find a place to put it, although who knows how long it will actually be there....I'll distribute it, I think, to all the relevant RS pages later today. It's better than having to chase it wherever RS decides to put it when their website changes....

Mike

I'm using the latest version of Chrome (Version 31.0.1650.63 m) and it worked just fine for me.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm using the latest version of Chrome (Version 31.0.1650.63 m) and it worked just fine for me.

Same here, I've had that page bookmarked for a while.... always on Chrome.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's downright weird. I'm at the most up to date level and it just doesn't work. There's a token in there that's causing a null value which completely hoses the URL.

I had the same issue with the PRO-163/164 firmware site in the RS forum where one fellow was wondering how to update his radio for rebanding

Strange...Mike

QDP2012

Thanks

Thanks everyone for confirming that the files are available to those with Yahoo accounts, and for the link to the RS support page.

I appreciate it,

Status
Not open for further replies.