Pro 106 and simulcast distortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Hmmmmm... Have you tried playing with the `Super Track' setting? Go into the TSYS Editor for the various TSYSes you are having problems with and if it's turned on turn it off and see if it helps. If it does then go back to the General Configuration tab and uncheck the `Super Track' box that is under Global Flags so that you don't end up with it being `Automagically' set up in any other TSYSes you might add in the future. *If* you really need it for a particular TSYS it is a lot better that *you* activate it as you are setting up the TSYS rather than just letting the scanner by default doing so.

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth. {VB GRIN!}

rkwalker86

Once again, thanks to everyone and their suggestions. I have tried them all, including the last one regarding Super Track, and all to no avail. Lots of frustrating parts to this mystery: I have never had a problem with reception in my home...ever, I hadn't made any changes to the radio for months prior to the problem occuring (I did update radio's software, but after the problems started), if I take my radio in the car and drive around town it works fine (in fact, I was in a small town 22 miles away last weekend and the signal was crystal clear!) The trunking "T" LED display, when reception is horrible, goes off and on like someone sending morse code, as opposed to the nice smooth rythmic pulse of the "T" when things are working fine. At this point my guess is one of two things: weather/trees or interferrence from "something". Is it possible that a cell tower that has never caused a problem before might be causing a problem now? There are a few of them around me. In fact, there is one that is within a 1/4 mile and is situated between my home and the P25 tower. But like I said, this has never been an issue.

jackj

It is possible that the cell tower might be causing your problem. Some of the cell services are now around 2 Ghz (3G and 4G service) and they should not cause you any problems. Why not put your scanner in your car and drive to the cell tower. If the interference gets worse, you have your answer. You will also have your answer if it get better.

If the cell site is causing the problem then there are a lot of reasons why it might have just started. The provider might have added a new cell site which required changing/coordinating frequencies at existing sites. They might have added channels/frequencies at existing sites. In any case, if the cell site is causing your problem, there is little you can do the eliminate it.

scott

Feed Provider
Look at the details of the tower

Is it possible that a cell tower that has never caused a problem before might be causing a problem now? There are a few of them around me. In fact, there is one that is within a 1/4 mile and is situated between my home and the P25 tower. But like I said, this has never been an issue.

Also, assuming you drive to the tower... see if you notice any new antennas that have been added. Specifically antennas that are pointed in the direction of your house. I work for a cell company and we lease out space on our towers to other companies. A new antenna could have been added to the tower that was not there before.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I think i have mentioned this in another post about your problem, if your trying to hear the ILL Starcom on a GRE or RS digital scanner unless your in a great position with a certain tower with the scanner all you and i get are "flickering " "T" so bad that you copy nothing but breakup...On the other hand using my Uniden 396XT it gives very good coverage with hardly any breakup...Im not being partial to one brand of scanner to the next but report what i see in my area....On multipath towers i just can't get my GRE500 to work well or can others in my area...When i went to central ILL and monitored the "stand-alone" 800 towers it was flawless...I have the latest firmware and have tried turning on and off certain menu functions with just aggrivation but take the Uniden 396XT to the same area and its perfect....

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
did you just update your scanner with the newest upgrades? Was this the cause?

The O.P. didn't respond to your question. In S.E. Michigan, Macomb County, we have a simulcast system that can be very difficult to decode at times. The new CPU / DSP firmware updates have improved the scanners ability to cope with such systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.