Pro-106 antenna question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky

I am using my Pro-106 to listen to a UHF digital system. I wondering if the Diamond RH77CA will improve my reception. Any thoughts?

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I have one and just ordered a 2nd one this morning for my PRO 106. As Bubba already mentioned they are very good antennas. I was receiving transmissions that I had not received previously with the stock antenna.

73s & hope this helps

Chad

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
The Diamond RH77CA is a good antenna,I have one for my BC246XT and it works good.I also have the SRH77CA which is the same except,it has a SMA connection.I use that for scanning and ham radio transmitting and it works good for both.

N1BHH

Any of the after market antennas will do, but only if your going to use them in a stationary fashion. if your going to be moving around these types will be whipping around. If your not careful you could get it caught in a door. Always use caution when selecting an antenna and the reasoning behind it's use. I use the Comet SMA-24 with an adapter on mine, but only when it's stationary.

kf4uuz

The Diamond RH77CA series are excellent antennas.

Diamond also makes the RHF40 antenna. It has the same specs as the RH77 series, and is about an inch taller.
The big advantage of the RHF40, IMHO is that it is *extremely* flexible. With this antenna you won't run into any of the issues that N1BHH mentioned.
Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

N1BHH

The Diamond RH77CA series are excellent antennas.

Diamond also makes the RHF40 antenna. It has the same specs as the RH77 series, and is about an inch taller.
The big advantage of the RHF40, IMHO is that it is *extremely* flexible. With this antenna you won't run into any of the issues that N1BHH mentioned.
Just my 2 cents.

Because an antenna is flexible, you will get it caught in door jams and such. Murphy's Law.

kf4uuz

You're absolutely correct.
I guess in reality the flexibility factor is only beneficial on those occasions when my wife/kid/dog unexpectedly jumps onto my lap.

Not to change the subject, any of the above mentioned antennas will definitely improve the reception on a PRO-106; And probably any other scanner as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.