Pro-106 Apco 25 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkev890

Premium Subscriber
I just got the pro-106 today. Had no trouble programing with the included software. One of the reasons I got this scanner was for the ability to scan apco 25 systems. I pulled the info from the RR database and it went on the scanner fine. However, anytime there is activity on that frequency it is garbled. Can anyone help me? The system I am trying to program is Ewing Township Trunking System, Ewing, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies I have tried every possible setting combination and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

n5ims

I just got the pro-106 today. Had no trouble programing with the included software. One of the reasons I got this scanner was for the ability to scan apco 25 systems. I pulled the info from the RR database and it went on the scanner fine. However, anytime there is activity on that frequency it is garbled. Can anyone help me? The system I am trying to program is Ewing Township Trunking System, Ewing, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies I have tried every possible setting combination and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

From the database:

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
1 001 E PD Dispatch Police Dispatch Law Dispatch

Your issue is explained in the Mode column. "E" indicates that the talkgroup is encrypted, which no scanner can decode by federal law. Please note that there may be times when the radio slips into open mode (would be labeled "D" in the database) if the user punches the wrong button or when they need to communicate with mutual aid companies that don't have encryption enabled in their radios. You should be able to hear those transmissions.

Since only a single talkgroup is listed, there may be others that may be open by default as well. If you find any of these and can identify from the traffic what they may be (for example if an officer calls out on it and says something like "106 to 429 on Special Events 1" you'll know that talkgroup is "Special Events 1" or if the traffic sounds like Animal Control traffic "Unit 279, pick up the trapped squirell at ...", etc.) please submit it so they can add it to the database.

As n5ims mentioned it is encrypted so that is why it is garbled, but you could program a wild card in there to see if there may be other talkgroups associated with those control channels.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

OsloViking1975 said:
As n5ims mentioned it is encrypted so that is why it is garbled, but you could program a wild card in there to see if there may be other talkgroups associated with those control channels.

I would suggest putting the wildcard in its own scan list, so you can turn it on and off at your whim.

bigkev890

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info!!! I will try the wildcard and see what I come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.