Pro-106/ARC500/New Christmas Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhxhhcz

Hello everyone,

First post, so first let me say thanks to everyone who keeps this forum/website up and running! Lots of helpful info that has got me going so far. This is also my first adventure into the world of digital radios!

I got a Pro-106 as a present to myself, and so far, so good. I managed to download, install, and play around with the ARC500 software enough to get my conventional channels up and running, and got the Indiana SAFE-T Trunked system up and running as well.

I have tried to read as much as I can in the forums, and have read a few years worth of posts. LOL. So far, the info I have read has been very helpful. So thanks again to those who have paved the path.

I am located in Southern IN, Clark CO, Jeffersonville to be specific. I live/work/play in Clark/Floyd/Harrison Co, and also across the river in Louisville KY (Jefferson CO) and surrounding counties in KY like Shelby, Nelson, & Bullet Co.

I have programmed 2 scan lists, 1 for indiana, and 2 for kentucky. I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with the "area" would be willing to take a look at my .GR5 file, and tell me if there is anything that stands out as "really needs fixin'", or that could improve my coverage.

Also, I have noticed that I rarely hear any Jeff PD coming thru. I don't know if there is something wrong with the way i have the talkgroup programmed for them, or if there is something I am missing. All of the data was imported from RR, so hopefully someone can take a look and tell me what I am missing.

If someone will let me know if it's appropriate, I will upload the GR5 file, or send as a PM.

Thanks,

J

mike528

Hi J:
I too purchased a PRO 106. But when attempting to copy over to scanner I had an issue and accidently deleted VS 18. When going to the database for V scanner item # 18 shows empty. Is there any way of recoveringit by down loading? I did purchase the USB scanner programming cable. Outside of this, I have been very successful in creating police,fire, amb. I notice the Ambulance transmissions are the weakest on my scanner and the police the strongest.

mike...

bhxhhcz

I'm not sure mike, I am new at this, and as far as I know, you can reset your device to factory settings, and reprogram from there. I also understand that there are typically backups available to be uploaded to your device that come with most of the programming software packages.

I was trying to get some specific support for Southern IN area.

Thanks,

J

chrizby

Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki
Jefferson County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
The first link should get you going with your scanner. A great scanner by the way.

The second link takes you to jeff. county
LMPD is active 24 hours a day, constantly, rarely any periods of dead air ever, so
you should try to download the freqs again. Something must be wrong for you not to
be hearing anything. And also LMPD is not trunked.

For example
scanlist 1: Indiana Police trunked digital SAFET talkgroups for harrison,floyd,clark
Scanlist 2: Kentucky analog, not trunked --maybe 20 individual entries for police

Lifecom has the occasional very interesting event, so I follow those freqs also.
130.07500 KEV5 BA Lifecom KY Lifecom Kentucky

(Air Methods) AM EMS Dispatch
155.40000 WPDW616 BM 203.5 PL KY-7 KY-7 (Air Methods)

Operations-Louisville (former Statcare) FM EMS Dispatch
155.34000 WPDW616 BM 203.5 PL KY-7 KY-7 (Air Methods)

Operations-Louisville (former Statcare) FM EMS Dispatch
155.28000 WQGZ546 BM KY-7 MED KY-7 (Air

Methods) Medical-Louisville (former Statcare) FM EMS-Talk

With the analog frequencies it is best to only enter those that have a PL, or you risk

getting a bunch of imod that will force the scanner to stop on that frequency.

bhxhhcz

Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki
Jefferson County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
The first link should get you going with your scanner. A great scanner by the way.

The second link takes you to jeff. county
LMPD is active 24 hours a day, constantly, rarely any periods of dead air ever, so
you should try to download the freqs again. Something must be wrong for you not to
be hearing anything. And also LMPD is not trunked.

Thanks for the info, I was actually good to go for jefferson co KY, i was looking for help in Jeffersonville IN, Talkgroups Jeff PD

chrizby

Floyd County Public Safety Trunking System, New Albany, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies
Floyd County
LTR trunking analog
Pretty active

Clark County
Clark County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Analog, not trunked not much traffic

---------------------------------------------
Indiana SafeT
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Jeffersonville
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WNQZ343 - JEFFERSONVILLE, CITY OF - Frequencies Summary

Clarksville
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KNBI405 - CLARKSVILLE, CIVIL TOWN OF - Frequencies Summary

SAFET Clark WPKG510
ULS License - Public Safety Ntl Plan, 821-824/866-869 MHz, Trunked License - WPKG510 - INDIANA, STATE OF (IPSC) - Frequencies Summary
I am not getting any control channel out of these frequencies for WPKG510

SAFET Floyd WPNZ888
ULS License - Public Safety Ntl Plan, 821-824/866-869 MHz, Trunked License - WPNZ888 - INDIANA, STATE OF (IPSC) - Frequencies Summary

SAFET Harrison WQGS348
ULS License - Public Safety Ntl Plan, 821-824/866-869 MHz, Trunked License - WQGS348 - INDIANA, STATE OF (IPSC) - Frequencies Summary
I am not getting any control channel out of these frequencies for WQGS348

--------------------------------------------
SAFET

A40B 001 Floyds Knob (Floyd) 866.40000 867.40000 867.90000

868.40000a 868.90000c

FCC Callsign WPKG510 Details
A40B 002 Henryville (Clark) 866.42500 866.92500 867.92500 868.42500a

868.92500c

A40B 008 Rabbit Hash Ridge (Harrison) 866.47500 867.43750a 867.93750

868.47500c

If you enter these freqs(clark safet) in manually , 868.42500a 868.92500c, and there is no motorboard sound coming in, then the system is down or you are too far away. I tried all the freqs and got nothing. Same for harrison county. Floyd 868.9 comes in fine. Frequencies are good. I looked them all up at the FCC.

Long winded answer, but I have to enter things manually, so I get to learn more about my scanner and the FCC than anyone should have to. Plus the floyd county LTR trunking is a new set of freqs for me that I just found tonight.
Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can say why clark and harrison are not coming up.

jerk

Save the file as a generic pro106 file and I can look at it, but I don't read ARC files
I believe it is .bin format

Jeff PD is quite active off the Henryville and Charlestown towers, some off the Floyd site too.

bhxhhcz

Save the file as a generic pro106 file and I can look at it, but I don't read ARC files
I believe it is .bin format

Jeff PD is quite active off the Henryville and Charlestown towers, some off the Floyd site too.

Thanks for offering to help.
Which software would I use to "download" the data from my scanner into that file format? Would a .VSC file work? I was able to export my programming to that format.

jerk

Thanks for offering to help.
Which software would I use to "download" the data from my scanner into that file format? Would a .VSC file work? I was able to export my programming to that format.

No it would not.
Current Control Channel for Henryville is 868.9250

If you don't have a premium membership here, it is worth the cost and ARC500 will import the sites and groups you want very easily.

Jeff PD is no longer on conventional except for some car to car stuff, everything is on Safe-T, though this morning they have been very quiet. Oops, jsut found out had many channels locked out. :(

I have attached a zipped file but it is in .p500 format, unzip and see if you can import that.
Scan list 9 & 0 are the ones you want, 9 is Clark County

Attachments

• My setup.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 65

bhxhhcz

No it would not.
Current Control Channel for Henryville is 868.9250

If you don't have a premium membership here, it is worth the cost and ARC500 will import the sites and groups you want very easily.

Jeff PD is no longer on conventional except for some car to car stuff, everything is on Safe-T, though this morning they have been very quiet. Oops, jsut found out had many channels locked out. :(

I have attached a zipped file but it is in .p500 format, unzip and see if you can import that.
Scan list 9 & 0 are the ones you want, 9 is Clark County

Thanks! I will play around with it and see what I can do. I did pay for the premium membership when I got started. It only made sense to donate to the folks who keep this thing going. I know that hosting a website isn't free, neither is other peoples time! Thanks for the help. I think I have everything programmed right for SAFE-T, I was just looking for someone to confirm since I am so new to this. I was just concerned that Jeff PD was so quiet. I know there is a lot more going on than what I am hearing on the radio if you know what I mean. :)

jerk

Just curious, what software are you using to program your scanner, and which scanner are you using?

I have two a Uniden 396t and I use Freescan and UASD free from Uniden
and a Pro-106 and I use Win500 for it.
PSR500 software is also a good one as well

bhxhhcz

p500 file for you to take a look at

Hey, so I downloaded win500, and then downloaded the data from my scanner, and saved it as a p500 file. Will you be so kind as to take a look at it, and tell me what you think? I only have 2 scan lists. 1 is for Southern IN (Clark/Floyd/Harrison Conventional, and IN SAFE-T) Scan list 2 is for KY. It has Jefferson CO Fire, EMS, Police, KSP, and a few other conventionals. It also has Metrosafe on there.

If you see any good channels/frequencys that are missing, or if i'm not set up for the towers correctly,or that I should have set up differently, like Priority, wildcards, etc... please feel free to offer some feedback. I noticed you have a lot more trunk groups, and a lot more conventionals.

Thanks,

Attachments

• pro-106.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 64

jerk

Hey, so I downloaded win500, and then downloaded the data from my scanner, and saved it as a p500 file. Will you be so kind as to take a look at it, and tell me what you think? I only have 2 scan lists. 1 is for Southern IN (Clark/Floyd/Harrison Conventional, and IN SAFE-T) Scan list 2 is for KY. It has Jefferson CO Fire, EMS, Police, KSP, and a few other conventionals. It also has Metrosafe on there.

If you see any good channels/frequencys that are missing, or if i'm not set up for the towers correctly,or that I should have set up differently, like Priority, wildcards, etc... please feel free to offer some feedback. I noticed you have a lot more trunk groups, and a lot more conventionals.

Thanks,

I see one possible problem, maybe two. The large number of possible Control Channels is one. Moving the active ones towards the top should help. Floyd County is #2 but Jeff groups should not be on that tower much at all. It would be Charlestown and Henryville as primary, then Floyd, then Salem if you can receive it.
Press manual then Tsys, and scroll through the channels, any that are not active or you can hear I would delete them.

Second, Try changing the setting to Stat (Stationary) and check the box to check all Control Channels and see if that helps. (Though I use Roam, but have less channels listed)

Also, change your scan list, it will work with conventional and trunked together. However if on conventional you won't get trunked and vice-versa. I tend to separate mine and I use the trunk priority feature as well.

Last edited:

bhxhhcz

I see one possible problem, maybe two. The large number of possible Control Channels is one. Moving the active ones towards the top should help. Floyd County is #2 but Jeff groups should not be on that tower much at all. It would be Charlestown and Henryville as primary, then Floyd, then Salem if you can receive it.
well.

In the trunkfrequency editor(in the programming software), where I can move the frequencys up or down the list, do I only need to move the control channels up, or do i need to move all frequencys up that are for that site.

For example... The control frequency for Charlestown site is 867.45, I have moved it all the way to the top, as it's the closest tower to where I am physically located. 2nd Frequency i have listed now is 868.925, which is primary control for Henryville, 3rd i have the secondary control for henryville, and 4th i have the control channel for floyd. Do i need to move the other frequency that are associated with those sites up there in between the control channels? Like moving the other 4 freq for charlestown as #2,3,4,5, and then making henryville control as number 6? or should I leave the control channels at the top, and leave the rest of the frequenys as they are?

chrizby

847.45 should be channel #1, and frankly that is all you should need. It doesn't look like there is an alternate control freq. for that site.
However like I said, if you are not hearing the motorboat sound coming from 867.45, you are out of range or the tower is down.

jerk

I second that, just use the Control Channels, leave out the secondaries and move them up in order.

How has my file worked, load it and listen it has all of Clark County and Metro as well as some Fed Channels, but just use 5, 8, (wild-card) 9, and 0

If that doesn't work then it's probably a reception issue.
hitting manual then Tsys, then analyze and stepping through each channel will tell you for sure. You NEED to do this to verify reception, and the CC% should be above 40% the higher the better.

Try holding on the system and stepping through each of the channels as I said, keep the active ones (Control Channels) and delete all the other channels, and then put them in order of Charlestown, Henryville, Floyd, Madison

I don't know if Jeff comes through on Madison or not, and I I'm not sure how much traffic comes through on Charlestown, but that tower was added to fill-in coverage spots.

I should have a chance to check on Monday to see what towers Jeff is actually using.
Any others you want checked or are unsure of? But do use my file I know if works because I use it on I-65 or I can send you my Louisville file which only has those three towers in it.

Last edited:

jerk

Ok, did some listening today. 867.4500 does not always carry Jeff PD traffic. Apparently only when a radio is affiliated with it, standard operating for Moto trunked systems.

You want to set up your scanner with Henryville first 868.9250, then Floyd 868.900 then Charlestown. That should solve your problem, provided you can receive Henryville or Floyd ok.

I also heard Camp Atterbury off the Floyd tower today, must have been a radio turned on affiliating with it. Also heard Scott County off the Charlestown tower... I always hear Scott off of seymour, madison, henryville and salem. Don't know if it's setup that way in the controller or a radio is affiliating with all those towers. I will have to put Trunker on it one of these days.

bhxhhcz

Ok, did some listening today. 867.4500 does not always carry Jeff PD traffic. Apparently only when a radio is affiliated with it, standard operating for Moto trunked systems.

You want to set up your scanner with Henryville first 868.9250, then Floyd 868.900 then Charlestown. That should solve your problem, provided you can receive Henryville or Floyd ok.

Thanks for testing that out, and providing details. I can get Henryville & floyd just fine. I'll give it a try, and see how it goes. BTW, i've been playing around with your file and scan lists, and it works great. I also took your advice on separating conventional and talkgroups, and it has helped some.

Status
Not open for further replies.