Pro-106: PRO-106 & ASRTO-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkyB

Been awhile since I have posted here, I noticed that the Indiana SAFE-T had a note about Conversion from Legacy SmartZone OmniLink to ASTRO-25, will PRO-106 work on this system upgrade. I noticed there is not a whole lot of radio traffic anymore, I been listening to the Louisville Metrosafe during all the protests(Breonna Taylor). I haven't been listening to my PRO-106 for some time, I can still monitor the Louisville Metrosafe system very well. Thanks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ASTRO 25 is Motorola's brand name for a P25 system. The PRO-106 will track P25 systems, including SAFE-T.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While it will work on most sites, Safe-T has several simulcast sites according to the database that may give you trouble if you use them. The Uniden SDS scanners are the only ones known to work with these issues

Mike

kc4jgc

Assuming you're in southern Indiana, you shouldn't have any trouble. I have SAFE-T on one of my scan lists along the I-64 corridor. It's relatively quiet from my few trips along there but had no trouble with Jasper, Evansville and Sellersburg ISP districts with my '106.

Status
Not open for further replies.