Pro 106 Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

thagewood

No sound from speaker or head phones? Just quit working any ideas? Took it back to radio shack they said they know nothing about scanners and they couldnt find were I had even bought the scanner. This is really disappointing. What can I do know? Do I have a $400 paper weight. I guess I can watch it stop on freq and wounder whats going on!!!!!!

mule1075

Feed Provider
See if you can find it and try to get yours replaced if it is less than a year old.Small tip just for future reference put the receipt in the original box when you buy new as it will save you alot of headaches later on if something happens.Good Luck to you wish i could help you more.

sphipps

By chance... did you pay with a credit card? That will prove that the transaction occurred, but you still probably won't get satisfaction at store level.

In any case, go to a Radio Shack and request the regional manager's contact info. Explain to them your dilemma. They can make exceptions when those at store level can't.

If that doesn't work, search out a Radio Shack top level executive's E-mail address on the net. This usually gets the job done when everything else fails. The last thing any high level executive wants is complaints sent directly to them by customers and they will just handle it out of "goodwill". I don't know of one off the top of my head, but if you search the net hard enough you'll find one. Search Yahoo or Google to see how customers have handled problems with Radio Shack at corporate level and the route they've taken. It has been done before.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Just to make sure the stupid questions are asked:
Was it working before? If so, how long ago?
How long have you had the scanner?
Does your scanner show that it is stopped on a valid signal?
Did you, or anyone else, change any programming?
Did the radio system you are listening to change anything on their end? (rebanding, moved to a different system, etc...)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
RadioShack does have a repair center where the stores can send your radio off to to be fixed. However, without a receipt, you will have to pay for the repair.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
By chance... did you pay with a credit card? That will prove that the transaction occurred, but you still probably won't get satisfaction at store level.

In any case, go to a Radio Shack and request the regional manager's contact info. Explain to them your dilemma. They can make exceptions when those at store level can't.

If that doesn't work, search out a Radio Shack top level executive's E-mail address on the net. This usually gets the job done when everything else fails. The last thing any high level executive wants is complaints sent directly to them by customers and they will just handle it out of "goodwill". I don't know of one off the top of my head, but if you search the net hard enough you'll find one. Search Yahoo or Google to see how customers have handled problems with Radio Shack at corporate level and the route they've taken. It has been done before.

That is a little bit overkill. Any store can look up a credit card/debit card transaction. If the radio is under the 1 year warranty, the store can have it repaired for no chargs, if the radio is over 1 year old, it is only a $20 charge to get the repair center to chack it out.

thagewood

Just to make sure the stupid questions are asked:
Was it working before? If so, how long ago?
How long have you had the scanner?
Does your scanner show that it is stopped on a valid signal?
Did you, or anyone else, change any programming?
Did the radio system you are listening to change anything on their end? (rebanding, moved to a different system, etc...)

Yes the scanner was working. It stop working the on 3/10/2012. I have owned the scanner for three months. Yes it is on a valid signal. No programmig changes. No radio system changes that I am aware of.

I went back to radio shack they can not find my perchase. I payed cash. They will not do anything.

I did notice that all the employees are new. I guess they got ride of the employee that sold me the scanner. I thank the day I perchased the $400 dollar scanner somebody gave themself a $400 tip.

What I really dont understand is I have perchased 4 other Radio Shack scanners from this store in the last 2 years and they can only find the one perchase from 2 years ago.

I hate to say it but Radio Shack has gotten the last dime from this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buyer Beware if you buy a radio shack scanner make sure and get a safe to keep the receipts in.

thagewood

That is a little bit overkill. Any store can look up a credit card/debit card transaction. If the radio is under the 1 year warranty, the store can have it repaired for no chargs, if the radio is over 1 year old, it is only a $20 charge to get the repair center to chack it out.

I did pay cash for this scanner but not the others and they only found one transaction. I wanted to get it fixed even if I had to pay for it and she told me she couldnt do anything for me. I ask her about a repair center she said that there wasnt one.

thagewood

If a non-warranty repair is needed, I would suggest sending it to GRE, not the RS service center.

How can I contact GRE about get my Pro 106 repaired? Is it possible to just order the audio board and replace it myself?
Thanks for all the replys you guys are great.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I did pay cash for this scanner but not the others and they only found one transaction. I wanted to get it fixed even if I had to pay for it and she told me she couldnt do anything for me. I ask her about a repair center she said that there wasnt one.

The Radio Shack service centers are alive and well. ALL company stores have the information. Ask for the manager, If the manager does not know, there should be a 800 number posted next to one of the sales terminals for the district office. Call that number. Where are you located in KS

RadioDaze

I did pay cash for this scanner...
...I thnk the day I prchased the $400 dollar scanner somebody gave [hi]mself a $400 tip.

Maybe that's exactly what happened, considering that they got rid of some employees. Although I would think that the serial number of the scanner would show up as one that was missing from inventory, perhaps considered stolen.

I have receipts for electronics going all the way back to the 1980's, provided I still have the item.

thagewood

How could I go about fixing it myself? Can I buy the audio board if so where and how much? Thanks for all the replys

thagewood

I have receipts for electronics going all the way back to the 1980's, provided I still have the item.

I am going to start doing the same. I just thought as big as Radio Shack is they would have a record of my perchase, But I guess not. From now on I will keep the reciept for every peace of electronics I buy.
That is what I should have done in the first place. I guess for now Im just out of a scanner wich really sucks. I will keep poping in every now and then to see whats going on around the fourm. Hopefully when i get the cash I will get it fixed or just buy a new scanner.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I am going to start doing the same. I just thought as big as Radio Shack is they would have a record of my perchase, But I guess not. From now on I will keep the reciept for every peace of electronics I buy.
That is what I should have done in the first place. I guess for now Im just out of a scanner wich really sucks. I will keep poping in every now and then to see whats going on around the fourm. Hopefully when i get the cash I will get it fixed or just buy a new scanner.

They do have a record of the purchase. That record show's that a unknown name customer purchased specific catalog number item on certain day at a certain time in a certain store for CASH. Unless you purchased the extended warranty, there is no record of your name on the sale. Since you did not purchase the item with a credit or debit card, there is no way to link you, as an individual to the purchase.

If you can give them the day and the sales associate remembers the purchase, they might be able to link you to the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.