Pro 106 Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

thagewood

They do have a record of the purchase. That record show's that a unknown name customer purchased specific catalog number item on certain day at a certain time in a certain store for CASH. Unless you purchased the extended warranty, there is no record of your name on the sale. Since you did not purchase the item with a credit or debit card, there is no way to link you, as an individual to the purchase.

If you can give them the day and the sales associate remembers the purchase, they might be able to link you to the purchase.

I dont remeber the day I purchased the scanner Dec 2011 as far as exact day I wish I new. And it seamed the associate that sold me the scanner is no longer working there.

scannerdaddy

try this. go to rs and buy another scanner. keep the receipt. a couple of days later, pack up the scanner that is not working and return it to the store and insist they refund you the purchase price. it has worked for me in the past. kosher? no. but it is ok for the little guy to stick it to corporate america now and then

kruser

Premium Subscriber
As I understand it, GRE will not work on radios made for Radio Shack.

This is true as far as I know as well.

An ex co-worker had a Radio Shack scanner made by GRE and he did send it off to GRE for repair.
It was promptly returned with a note enclosed saying they (GRE) would not repair non GRE branded scanners.
Perhaps if a GRE tech was your buddy you may get him to repair it but I'd imagine doing it is against company policy.

sphipps

No doubt I totally agree it's overkill and usually unnecessary to go that far... but working at the Radio Shack store level on a situation like this does absolutely no good.

I still think the OP needs to contact the regional sales manager or someone in corporate before they undertake paying for the repair themselves. You never know what might happen when you find the right person...

That is a little bit overkill. Any store can look up a credit card/debit card transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.