Pro-106 Battery Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinspolicecollect

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum, so bear with me. I recently picked up a Pro-106 so my wife can listen to me while I am out volunteering at a local PD and also so we can stay informed with what is going on in the neighborhood. I picked up the scanner on eBay for a great price, the only problem is that the battery cover is missing.

I was able to find a cover on eBay for $32.00, but from what I have been seeing that price is high. All of the searches I have tried online have come up nothing... I called my local store and the guy had no idea what I was talking about... I then called RS Corporate for help and that turned up nothing and she could not find any parts for the radio. I just want to make sure that there are no options that a newbie like me is overlooking before shelling out the $32.00 for the cover.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Justin

shadcall

You might try here. It's the home page for G&G Communications. They carry parts of scanners. They may or may not have what you are looking for, but they have a phone number and email for contact.

Home Page

scannerjunkie

Pro 106 battery cover

RSU part number 12469045 for the Pro-106 COVER BATTERY will cost you $3.69 plus shipping. NOTE! This was from an older post i found. You can check and see if still available. if so let us know. i may pick up an extra for myself.

justinspolicecollect

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I made some contacts, now I am waiting to hear back. I tried calling RS corporate based on that exact post, but the CSR informed me there is nothing she can find regarding the part number or model number... so I think I am going to be SOL on that aspect.

I appreciate all of the help thus far, i'll let everyone know what my outcome is.

Thanks.

Justin

Nasby

Justin,
I was in your same shoes about a month ago.
Radio Shack no longer has the battery door for the PRO-106 or any of the other scanners that have the compatible door (PRO-97, PRO-164, or PRO-404).
C&G does not have them either (or at least they didn't have them last month).

Your options are:
1) Wait and hope that Whistler starts making replacement parts, then you can buy one for a good price.
2) Pay the inflated Ebay price.
3) Buy a used or broken PRO-164, PRO-97 or PRO-404 and pirate the door from it.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.