Pro-106 Battery Explosion, well leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
This is one reason I never intentionally put alkaline batteries in anything that a power cord can be attached to, only rechargeables. And if there is the 1 in 10 years that I have to use alkaline, I never go near a power cord. Never assume.

SquierStrat

This is one reason I never intentionally put alkaline batteries in anything that a power cord can be attached to, only rechargeables. And if there is the 1 in 10 years that I have to use alkaline, I never go near a power cord. Never assume.

I cant stress this enough! I received a weather radio as a gift a couple years ago. Like one "should" do, i filled it with brand new alkalines (for backup power purposes) then plugged it into the wall. Occasionally i would unplug it and turn it on to test the batteries. It wasnt until a few months ago when i moved, i finally dismounted it from the wall and opened up the battery compartment, and couldnt believe my eyes. COVERED in corrosion from top to bottom. i couldnt even see the batteries!

baayers

If you never use rechargeable batteries and only use alkaline batteries why not just set the charge time to 0. That way even in the event that the metal on the black holder may touch the charging PIN it would still be a non-issue as the charger would be completely disabled.

TES

If you never use rechargeable batteries and only use alkaline batteries why not just set the charge time to 0. That way even in the event that the metal on the black holder may touch the charging PIN it would still be a non-issue as the charger would be completely disabled.

Hopefully you will retract your suggestion after reading this information from Don Starr, the author of the firmware for the PSR-500 "family" of scanners.

baayers

Hopefully you will retract your suggestion after reading this information from Don Starr, the author of the firmware for the PSR-500 "family" of scanners.

I never said my solution was a 100% fix for all battery problems. In the case of the original poster is Scanner was on and scanning so the global setting would have applied.

My previous post was based on the situation that occurred in the original post of this thread. That being said it is still better to be proactive as much as possible then to do nothing.

SCPD

QRT
Jakeportland; If you ever decide to sell your 106 let me know, I'm looking for one for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.