Pro 106 can I search a new Digital Ch. And ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecoolerman

Walterboro Police Has moved to a new system I'm trying to find them. Colleton Co. has moved and/or is moving all of there VHF/UHF systems to 800 mhz off of the Palmetto 800. I'v tried but can't seen to do it. Can you guys help me?

LarrySC

Within this database it shows Walterboro to be Encrypted. Could be that no one can help you. I would go ahead and program controller and talkgroups and hope they switch back to Digital. Enter a wildcard where the talkgroups go and cross your fingers.

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I noted recently that there is a tower site for the Palmetto P25 system on Edisto Island. That's the APCO 25 system that Charleston Co. and Beaufort Co. are using. So you might not find them on the traditional APCO 16 Palmetto 800 system. And there could be a yet-to-be identified Palmetto P25 site in Walterboro that is not listed in the database.

So if a wildcard for the Palmetto 800 system doesn't turn anything up, maybe search 851-860MHz for a P25 control channel. If you find one, analyze it (FUNCT+TUNE) and see if it reports SysID 1D9. If so, create a new P25 system with that control channel and use a wildcard to search for talk groups.

oquinnsm

Premium Subscriber
Walterboro Public safety is on Talk Group 61600 on the Walterboro tower control freq 853.5625 The sheriff dispatch is Talk Group 61296. sometimes they are encrypted but not the sheriff. Yet....

Last edited:

oquinnsm

Premium Subscriber
oh also you're going to need a Digital scanner that's APCO P-25 capable.

My BCD 996XT is picking them up as I type.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Walterboro Police Has moved to a new system I'm trying to find them. Colleton Co. has moved and/or is moving all of there VHF/UHF systems to 800 mhz off of the Palmetto 800. I'v tried but can't seen to do it. Can you guys help me?

It appears Walterboro and Colleton County talkgroups have been updated on the Palmetto 800 system today. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.