PRO-106 CB "search with scan" function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Programming my Dad's PRO-106 (I have a Uniden BCD396XT) and he's wanting to scan through the CB frequencies while he's doing his regular Indiana SAFE-T 800 Mhz scanning. The Uniden scanner I have has a "search with scan" feature. Does Radio Shack PRO-106 have a similar feature or do you have to program in all 40 CB freq's and have it in it's own scan list?
Thanks,
Del1964

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro-106 cb

I have had a Pro-106 from the year they came out, and am not aware of that feature. Easiest solution would be to import the CB channels to an open bank.

firefighter47

Feed Provider
On my pro-106 I'm able to press search and It will scan through CB/Marine/GMRS/Railroad/ext. You can also press pause and go to tha channel and store it into a scan bank.

W6KRU

Program a new service search for the CB band,select the CB channels to search, and assign it to the same scan list as the SAFE-T scan.

RickS31

The 106 will receive CB as stated by the previous posts but don't expect miracles from the 106 for these frequencies. This is pretty much the low end of the receiver circuits in it and the radio and antenna are certainly not optimized for the 27 MHz band. You'll need to be pretty close to the transmitter to get much reception. Putting a CB tuned antenna, preferably external, would help quite a bit.

markbart

With ARC 500 you can store search objects such as Limit Search,Service Search and Spectrum Search in any scan list.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.