Pro-106 control app via iPhone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

WIN500 remote client works just fine on Windows Mobile devices.

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 978

jamesa53

If you are using the iPhone with ATT, applications have to be purchased and downloaded from the Apple iTunes Store. Unless your phone is jailbroken I dont think you can run applications other than these. However DaveIN did not claim that the Win application would run on an iPhone. I for one would like to see some scanner programming software developed for the iPhone that would work with the 106, however I'm not sure how it would interface to the scanner itself from the iPhone. The closest thing I have seen to any kind of scanner software is the Police Scanner application that utilizes live feeds from various locations.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin

Astrak

Windows Mobile .cab files will not work on an iPhone, jailbroken or not. I have been in contact with Juicy development to see if they will write some iPhone/blackberry/WinMo/Android software for controlling scanner. Doesn't sound like they are interested in doing it though.

jamesa53

Seriously if someone would develop some programming software application for the iPhone for the 106 I would definitely purchase it. You could import new freqs from the RR database anywhere you have Edge or 3G network coverage (which in my experience is just about everywhere). Don Starr, are you listening?

313RADIO

I take it win500 is closed source correct? Is there a open spec on the control channel.data output out stream for these scanners?

smason

c'mon Don, Write a Win500 client for the iPhone, you know you want to... :)
You could charge a few $ on the app store, and sell a ton of 'em.

broonzbane

Sorry to be resurrecting such an OLD thread, but there IS a way to control Pro-106/197 scanners via the iPhone.

Install Win500 on your PC and buy the license...it's WORTH it! You'll also need the remote cable from Radio Shack.

Run Win500 and head over to the Monitor/Control tab. Hit the big START button. (actually, you really don't even need to do this first providing you have completed the next step...)

Install the TeamViewer iPhone app on both your phone and your PC and set it up. BAM! Remote desktop access via your iPhone, and it works GREAT!

Soooooo...assuming your scanner is powered on and connected to your PC via the cable, you can start Win500 remotely on your phone (where you will see your PC's desktop) via TeamViewer, navigate to the Monitor/Control tab in Win500 and hit START. Your scanner is fully controllable from this tab in Win500. Voila!!!

You can then use any app that plays back Radio Reference feeds to listen to your scanner...while controlling it via TeamViewer.

I do not broadcast to RadioReference, but instead broadcast my own private feed via a ShoutCast server. I use the TuneIn radio app on the iPhone to listen to the feed...it's MUCH better than the ShoutCast app.

broonzbane

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering about this the other day, thinking of getting started with my own feed, so your info is very helpful, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.