Pro-106 CPU DSP Update Issue(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrcaptain1

Here's the history.....

Just got a used 106, turned it on and the welcome had "Programmed By Starcom (or something similar) and an 800 phone number.

Tried to update the CPU and DSP (GRE's updates not RS)....COMPORT test works then "no communication from scanner" message when the updates are tried.

Went ahead and downloaded the same program that I have in my GRE600 (WIN500) loads fine works fine.

Tried to update again.....same thing

Reset back to factory settings and the only thing I noticed was that the "owner" comes up as Radio Shack.

Loaded my WIN500 back in and it scans fine, just won't take the updates (which are 1 version older that the updates)......I was thinking that whatever outfit programmed it did something to lock it?

Thanks for any help.....
Joe

Highpockets

Here's the history.....

Just got a used 106, turned it on and the welcome had "Programmed By Starcom (or something similar) and an 800 phone number.

Tried to update the CPU and DSP (GRE's updates not RS)....COMPORT test works then "no communication from scanner" message when the updates are tried.

Went ahead and downloaded the same program that I have in my GRE600 (WIN500) loads fine works fine.

Tried to update again.....same thing

Reset back to factory settings and the only thing I noticed was that the "owner" comes up as Radio Shack.

Loaded my WIN500 back in and it scans fine, just won't take the updates (which are 1 version older that the updates)......I was thinking that whatever outfit programmed it did something to lock it?

Thanks for any help.....
Joe

If it's a 106 you have to use the RS updates.

Fyrcaptain1

Got it.......thought I had read a while back that the GRE / RS updates were compatible.

That did the trick. Thanks for the assistance.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.