Pro-106 Cut-out Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Lately, I have been noticing that my Pro-106 has been cutting out the beginning of some transmissions when it picks up trunking transmissions. Any reason why it would be doing this randomly? Could it be because the signal isn't "great"? Most of the time the signal is okay though...

Thanks!! :)

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Alot depends on the system,if its mixed mode-analog and digital then the scanner may be spending time deciphering if its digital or analog or it simply may be a radio problem on their end? Another angle to consider is the distance of the system you are monitoring. I have the 106 and notice missed portions of conversations as my signal bar is only 2 while listening in the house and 4-5 when standing outside?

InlandAZ

I had a similar issue and corrected it (somewhat) by lowering the Digital Detect Timeout value to 50 (from it's deault 60).

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Try this: On your Extended Settings, Set Your Digital Detect Timeout to 30 and see if that helps. That helped Mine.

stlcardinals

Folks, I can't seem to find Digital Detect Timeout.I went into the settings and just don't see it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for your help! Is this safe to do on my scanner? I don't want to mess anything up...what is a good number to set it as overall?

InlandAZ

I set mine today at 30 with no problem.
I had good luck with 30 as well, and then I started to get motor boating issues - bumped it up to 50 and it seems to be just about perfect for me.

I suppose it all depends on what you expect to hear, and what you monitor.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all! It seems to be working without changing that setting when I have a better signal...that's the problem with digital frequencies! :( lol

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I just set my DG Int Prime to 40...can someone tell me how that will affect/fix my cut-out issues/bad reception from before? It was at 60 before...just trying something new. :)

It is weird...the scanner works well sometimes and other times it is all choppy. Could this be an antenna issue? I have a Diamond RH77CA..maybe it is damaged? I did bend it around when I first got it by accident...it worked fine for a year...hmm
Thanks!

Last edited:

freqs

Take a look at above posts # 3 # 4 #10 and # 11 you might find your answer on the DG int I have mine on 20 with no issues .

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
These are the sort of tips that belong on the Object Oriented Scanners FAQ wiki. Good stuff here...After a while this thread will migrate off. If this question comes up again - likely it will - you will have a ready reference. 73 Mike

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at above posts # 3 # 4 #10 and # 11 you might find your answer on the DG int I have mine on 20 with no issues .

I saw that, but what I mean is how does this fix the problem? What exactly does the DG Int. setting do and by changing it how am I making it better? I am getting a bit more technical lol.

What I am noticing is that my scanner will have a good signal one day, then the next day in the exact same spot, the signal is choppy. Is this just the way it is? Antenna issue or normal?

Thank you!

Last edited:

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
So there is really nothing I can do? It is working fine now...depends on the time of day...weird. I am inside so that may have something to do with it.

Thanks!

No, you misunderstood my point.
I was reacting to the suggestion that the issue is related to object oriented scanning.
If your issue is resolved by modifying the digital detect timeout, then it is an RF issue for digital scanners, but not related to object oriented programming of scanning for managing talk groups.
I have no opinion on your specific issue.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
No, you misunderstood my point.
I was reacting to the suggestion that the issue is related to object oriented scanning.
If your issue is resolved by modifying the digital detect timeout, then it is an RF issue for digital scanners, but not related to object oriented programming of scanning for managing talk groups.
I have no opinion on your specific issue.

Issue didn't change when I tweaked the digital detect timeout, so I guess it's not an RF issue. Who knows lol it works most of the time just fine :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.