Pro-106 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonyu13

I have a pro-106 that appears to be dead and I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose the problem or point me in the direction of a suitable repair shop. Here's what I know:

1. I kept the scanner in my car all last winter and only turned it on once or twice early in the winter, so it spent many nights in sub-zero weather. I wanted to use the scanner this past spring but when I tried to fired it up it did not work. Turns out it will no turn on when on battery power or when plugged in.

2. I was having trouble with a 12v power plug in the past, it kept blowing fuses (the inline fues near the tip of the plug that goes in the auto 12v receptacle), I wonder if maybe something caused a short within the radio?

I enjoy trouble shooting anything, but have very little knowledge of electronics or radios. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Leon

joeuser

The Wretched
I have a pro-106 that appears to be dead and I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose the problem or point me in the direction of a suitable repair shop. Here's what I know:

1. I kept the scanner in my car all last winter and only turned it on once or twice early in the winter, so it spent many nights in sub-zero weather. I wanted to use the scanner this past spring but when I tried to fired it up it did not work. Turns out it will no turn on when on battery power or when plugged in.

2. I was having trouble with a 12v power plug in the past, it kept blowing fuses (the inline fues near the tip of the plug that goes in the auto 12v receptacle), I wonder if maybe something caused a short within the radio?

I enjoy trouble shooting anything, but have very little knowledge of electronics or radios. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Leon
Uniden will repair your unit.

bigbud42010

I will take it off your hands for ya ill pay ya for it too!
Just let me know cause i could use it for parts for my Pro-106 since not too many places repair them now!

Thanks
Buds

CaptWill

Premium Subscriber
Take the battery pack out, then connect the radio to a proper 9v charger/adapter, and turn it on.
Does itwork now? Could be a shorted battery, pulling the charger voltage down too low for the radio to work, so trying it without the batteries will rule that out. The could also be why the 12v fuse in the car was blown. Check to be sure your wall wart is still ok, or use a different one. ( 9volts dc; center pin is +).

Status
Not open for further replies.