Pro 106 Display with ARC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I assume this is the proper place for this. I've just read thru the "easy to read" manual with no luck.

Question: Is there a way to get my PRO 106 display screen to show both the Site name and the Talk group name below it? Same with conventional channels. The bottom line shows the talk group name, but the site name is not above it..it shows the frequency and other such things I don't care about.

I cannot find anything in ARC500 that would help with this. I have not used my Uniden 996T for some time, but I believe that display showed Site or system name on one line and the alpha tag under it.

With several hundred talk group names and 7 sites, its hard for me to look at the alpha tag and remember what site or system it is from.

If this makes any sense..could anyone help please? Thanks

Greg

QDP2012

Question: Is there a way to get my PRO 106 display screen to show both the Site name and the Talk group name below it? Same with conventional channels. The bottom line shows the talk group name, but the site name is not above it..it shows the frequency and other such things I don't care about. I cannot find anything in ARC500 that would help with this.

If I understand your question correctly:
  • Short answer: No
  • Longer Answer: The 106 displays Talkgroup and the System Name by alternating them on the same line, not on separate lines.
    • I might be wrong, but this seems to be a non-adjustable feature, and is sometimes difficult to notice unless staring at the display.
    • On mine, I typed all of the System Names using "Proper Case" and all of my Talkgroup Names using "UPPER CASE", so I can see the differences quicker, especially when names are similar.

• An example from the ETRM might help clarify what I'm describing:
    • Link: A Look At This Display. In case the link does not parse correctly, here it is so you can copy-paste it:
      Code:
      http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml#a_look_at_the_display
    • Look at the four orange screen-shots of the display along the left side of the above ETRM page.
    • Please notice how the 2nd image shows "MPSCS", the 3rd shows "VanBuren Pol Dsp", and 4th again shows "MPSCS"?
    • This is an example of how and where the alternating text displays the Talkgroup and the SystemName.
Hope this helps,

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I really appreciate your time and reply. I went back to looking again, and what I get on the third line is the Alpha Tag, and on the fourth, last line all I get is "TSYS" I do not get the alternating lines.

I remember In the ARC 500 under the GLOBAL tab was an option to "display Radio ID on line 4."

Is that what I need? I am looking at transmissions now from a P25 system, and I get the talk group name and the TSYS on the last line.

I thank you. Perhaps there is something else I am missing?

Greg

PS: It does say "alternating" in the sample you sent me on the right, white sample. I thought mine used to do that also.

Last edited:

QDP2012

...what I get on the third line is the Alpha Tag, and on the fourth, last line all I get is "TSYS" I do not get the alternating lines.

If the scanner is scanning and not actively listening to something:
  • there will be nothing on line 3 except dots and/or numeric indicators of which scan-lists are active (from 11-20).
  • on line 4, there will be either the Trunked System Name being scanned, or the Frequency Description of the Analog frequency being scanned.

If the scanner is open-squelch (making the static-sound) (or actually receiving a transmission) on a particular item/object that you've stored in the scanner, then you should see an alternating message on Line 3.
  • If the item/object is a conventional analog frequency (think old radio transmitter), then you should see the Frequency Description that you entered ("My Town PD Ch 1") alternate with the Scan-List name that you entered ("My Local Stuff")

• If the item/object is a Talkgroup which belongs to a Trunked System (a TSYS), then you should see the Talkgroup Name ("My Town PD TG 1") alternate with the Trunked System's (the associated TSYS's) name ("My Town's TRS").

...which is different than the RadioID feature available on Line 4.

I remember In the ARC 500 under the GLOBAL tab was an option to "display Radio ID on line 4." Is that what I need?

No; not for what you were originally asking.
The RadioID feature displays, on Line 4 (not 3), the radio-specific Trunked-Radio-System ID-number of the radio that initiated the transmission-session. If the dispatcher initiates the session, and the field-unit quickly responds, sometimes the scanner will only display the Dispatcher's Radio ID. If there is a long-enough gap between the people talking, then you might get the Radio ID for each party.​

...I am looking at transmissions now from a P25 system, and I get the talk group name and the TSYS on the last line.

"TSYS" is a menu-feature that is available to you when a Trunked Radio System (TRS) is actively-received by your scanner. If you press the "F2" button, which should be immediately below the "TSYS" prompt (in line 4), then you will be prompted next with the "ANALYZ" feature, with which you can do some advanced things. (Click link for more info on "Analyz".)​

While listening to a Trunked Radio System, the "TSYS" prompt displays initially on line 4, but after a delay will be replaced by the Radio ID information, if available and if that option is enabled.

To help clarify the display:

Line 1: Object Number, Conv, PlD
Line 2: FM 123.456789
Line 3: My Airport Ch 1 (alternates with) My Local ScanList
Line 4: CT:127.3 (or other like DCS or Sq:Search)
OR

Line 1: Object Number, TGRP, plD
Line 2: DG 858.123456
LIne 3: My Rescue TG (alternates with) My Local Trunked System's Name
Line 4: TSYS (prompt later replaced by ) RadioID: 12345

One last idea on how to possibly make it easier to see the alternating text is to wait until the scanner is actively-listening to a signal, and then quickly press the PSE (pause) button. This will hold the scanner on that "channel", and possibly let you see it long enough to see the text descriptions alternate. (Press "SCAN" or "PSE" or an "Arrow" key to resume scanning.)

To summarize: The Trunked System Name and/or the Analog Frequency Name that you see on Line 4 while scanning (and not receiving) are what you will see on Line 3 when the scanner detects and receives a signal. (i.e. While scanning, the names are on line 4. While listening, the names are on line 3.)

P.S. On Line 3, the Talkgroup name displays for a longer duration than the TSYS name. The TSYS name blinks briefly approx every other sec.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Once again..Really Appreciate your time and help. Perhaps the issue with my conventional systems is that I get the frequency on line 2, The alpha tag on line 3, and a display of , for example, "CT 97.4" on the fourth line.

When the system is just scanning, I do get the display you mentioned above.

With the listening mode, I think this is because I did not over write the frequencies. Perhaps that is the problem. My guess is that I need to go into the conventional systems and overwrite the frequency with the site name. I would only do it once as I assume I can copy and paste the rest of the way down until I get to my next list, then start all over again. I used to manually program my 996T, and I would overwrite the frequencies with a name.

10 minutes later...no success there. When I try to re-place the frequency with the system name under the object browser list, it will not allow me to put any alpha characters in its place, only numbers.

When I try to enter a name over a frequency under the "scanlist preview" tab, when I double click on a frequency it sends me back to the "object browser" list and I am back at square one again.

Basically, and I am no stranger to software, I cannot change any of the frequencies for a name. Really, I know this stuff...but I have tried all the logical options to fix it and cannot. I thought it was odd that I was only seeing a frequency and alpha tag, cuz there was no way I could remember what system it was under.

Is there a way that should be done?

Now in my talk group lists, I get the alpha tag on line 3 and the word TSYS on the bottom. I did punch that F2 button and got the extra info.

For the name of each system, I have the proper system name that I typed in located under the Object Browser, the scan list preview and the global settings tabs. But nothing I do will let me change a frequency for a name with characters.

Its frustrating. Nothing I have done causes the name/alpha tag to alternate. And I have checked every thing you said, which all makes sense, but still no luck.

I hate for you to think you wasted your time over this; you did NOT. You were very helpful. I admit I am out of options; all that I have tried failed. If I could overwrite the frequency and replace it with the site or system name, that would probably do the trick; but I cannot find a way to do that.

I thank you again.

Greg

EDIT: I worked with scanners for many years. In 1973 I bought my first scanner, a regency/bearcat 8 channel scanner with 8 red lights on the front. You had to buy a crystal for each frequency you wanted and manually install them. Funny how everyone could cooperate with each other back then all being on a shared frequency. I have not been able to use any of my toys over the last year or so as I was sick. Most of my memory is back, but still things get frustrating at times. I am looking forward to the new Uniden models coming out, but can't decide if I want the hand held or desktop model.

Last edited:

QDP2012

Bear with me, I am addressing your post piece-by-piece, and will be repeating myself along the way, simply for clarity, no other reason...

Once again..Really Appreciate your time and help. Perhaps the issue with my conventional systems is that I get the frequency on line 2, The alpha tag on line 3, and a display of , for example, "CT 97.4" on the fourth line.

This is not "an issue".
This is correct behavior. The conventional frequency will display on Line 2, and only Line 2, and cannot be replaced by text.
The alpha tag will display on Line 3 (in listening mode).
The CTCSS tone (CT 97.4, etc.) will display only on Line 4 (in listening mode).

(This is all correct. You cannot change the format or layout of the above items on your display.)

When the system is just scanning, I do get the display you mentioned above.
Ok. Good.

With the listening mode, I think this is because I did not over write the frequencies. Perhaps that is the problem. My guess is that I need to go into the conventional systems and overwrite the frequency with the site name. I would only do it once as I assume I can copy and paste the rest of the way down until I get to my next list, then start all over again. I used to manually program my 996T, and I would overwrite the frequencies with a name.

No. You're headed in the wrong direction, here. The frequencies should not be "overwritten" as you described above.

Conventional Frequencies don't have a "Site Name".

The Conventional frequencies are entered via the "Conventional" portion of the ARC500's "Object Browser". The "Alpha Tag" is the text that displays on the Scanner Display's Line 4 while scanning, and on Scanner Display's Line 3 while listening.

10 minutes later...no success there. When I try to re-place the frequency with the system name under the object browser list, it will not allow me to put any alpha characters in its place, only numbers.
Again, as mentioned above, this is the wrong direction. You cannot do this "replace frequency with system name" step as you described above. It is impossible. The radio and the software won't allow it.

(Now, as a second thought. The only way where this might get confused is if you also entered the frequency into ARC500's "Alpha Tag" column. That could get confusing. Hopefully, you did not do that. Hopefully, you entered the frequency into ARC500's "Frequency" column, and a textual description into the "Alpha Tag" column.)

When I try to enter a name over a frequency under the "scanlist preview" tab, when I double click on a frequency it sends me back to the "object browser" list and I am back at square one again.

That is correct. The "ScanList Preview" is not an editable list. It is only a convenient place to see what you have entered, but to see it in a list-by-list manner.

Only in the Object Browser can you edit your frequency-data.

If you notice in the Object Browser, in the third column, the "Scan Lists" column, of the Object Browser, you can enter more than one ScanList number for a particular row (frequency/alpha-tag record). This lets you put a single object (Conventional or Talkgroup) into multiple ScanLists.

The benefit of the "ScanList Preview" is that you can see just what is in a particular ScanList, to make sure it is the way you want it to be. Again, it is not an editable list. The Object Browser is the only place you can edit data and assign ScanList-membership.

Basically, and I am no stranger to software, I cannot change any of the frequencies for a name. Really, I know this stuff...but I have tried all the logical options to fix it and cannot. I thought it was odd that I was only seeing a frequency and alpha tag, cuz there was no way I could remember what system it was under.

A Conventional Frequency and its associated Alpha Tag are NOT "under a system". They are "stand-alone" for lack of a better term.

Only a Talkgroup is associated with a "System", meaning a "Trunked Radio System". They are "never stand-alone" for lack of a better term. The Talkgroups rely on, and only exist within, a Trunked Radio System.

This is an important difference to understand.

Example:
  • If I name ScanList #1 as "My Local PD", and then
  • enter a Conventional Frequency (stand-alone analog) as "My Local PD Talkaround" and make it a member of the "My Local PD" ScanList, and then
  • enter a Trunked Radio System called "My Town's TRS", and then
  • enter a Talkgroup named "My Local PD Dispatch" and relate it to the "My Town's TRS" system, and also make it a member of the "My Local PD" ScanList, then
  • both will be scanned when I scan the "My Local PD" ScanList (ScanList #1).
When it is scanning, the Conventional Frequency will display as described earlier; and the Talkgroup and System Names will display as described earlier.

Is there a way that should be done?
At this point, "that" (as you've described above) is something which should not be done, and no, there is no way to do "that".

Now in my talk group lists, I get the alpha tag on line 3 and the word TSYS on the bottom. I did punch that F2 button and got the extra info.
Ok. Good.

For the name of each system, I have the proper system name that I typed in located under the Object Browser, the scan list preview and the global settings tabs. But nothing I do will let me change a frequency for a name with characters.
Ok. Several things here:

• The term "system name" refers to a Trunked Radio System's name (edited under Object Browser). This is different than the 20 "ScanList" names (edited under Global Settings).

• "Systems" are entered in ARC500 by clicking in the left navigation column on "Object Browser", "Trunk System Object", "Trunk Systems". This displays the "TSYS" list in the main right-frame. This is where you create the individual Trunked Systems that you want to monitor.

• "Talkgroups" behave like a "channel" within a "System". The "Talkgroups" are entered by clicking "Talkgroup" in the left-nav column. This displays the "TGRP" list. In this list, you enter the "Talkgroup ID" (meaning the Talkgroup number), the "Alpha Tag" (a meaningful description), choose the Scan List(s) you want this to be a member of, and choose "Trunk System" (the "System" that the Talkgroup is related to.)

• Example 1:
    • Let's say you want to listen to the Illinois-StarCom21 statewide Trunked Radio System (TRS).
    • Let's say you want to listen to the "Andover" tower in "Henry County". On the StarCom DB page, scroll down to the "System Frequencies" section, and look for the "1(1) / 003(3) / Andover / Henry / 852.4375 / 852.9625c / 853.48750a / 858.21250" listing.
    • The four 8xx frequencies will be entered into your scanner in the "Systems" list explained above. That system could be named "StarCom21-Andover".
    • Let's say you want to listen to the "ISP AeroOps1" talkgroup on the "StarCom21-Andover" system.
    • On the StarCom DB page, scroll down to the "System Talkgroups" section, and look for "13105 / 3331 / D / ISPAeroOps1 / Aero Bureau - Unit to Unit ("Lincoln Units") / Law Tac"
    • To listen to this, you enter the Talkgroup Number and Alpha Tag in your scanner's Talkgroup list, and on that same row in your Talkgroup list, you choose the System "StarCom21-Andover", so that the scanner knows that this TG belongs to that TRS.

• Example 2:
    • Let's say you also want to listen to the Amtrak Railroad Conventional Frequency for the St.Louis Station.
    • On the Amtrak page, scroll down to the "160.5000 / KC8086 / M / CSQ / 160.5 Amtrak / Ops - St. Louis Station / FM / Railroad" listing.
    • In ARC500's "Conventional" listing, you would enter the frequency 160.500, the alpha tag 160.5 Amtrak, and choose your ScanList (for this example, also assign it to "My Local PD" (Scan List #1)).
    • Note: The conventional railroad frequency is not associated with any Trunked Radio System. It stands on its own.

• Note: All of the above examples are part of your "My Local PD" ScanList #1. So, when you are in scan mode, and have enabled ScanList #1, by pressing the "1" button on the keypad, you will see screen-shots mentioned earlier.

• In Scan Mode: Line 4: Your Conventional Alpha Tags rapidly cycling with the Trunked System Names as each is scanned.
    • In Listen mode: Line 3: Either (Conventional Alpha Tag briefly interrupted by the ScanList name) or (Talkgroup Alpha Tag briefly interrupted by the System name).

Its frustrating. Nothing I have done causes the name/alpha tag to alternate. And I have checked every thing you said, which all makes sense, but still no luck.
If the Talkgroups and the Trunked System names are too-similar, it might be difficult to see them alternate. I had this problem when I first manually programmed a RS 197 years ago. That's why I use ProperCase and UPPERCASE letters.

As mentioned above, the Conventional Alpha Tag alternates with the Scan List Name (not a Trunked System name).

..I admit I am out of options; all that I have tried failed. If I could overwrite the frequency and replace it with the site or system name, that would probably do the trick; but I cannot find a way to do that.
Again, as mentioned above, this is the wrong direction. This is impossible.

EDIT: I worked with scanners for many years. In 1973 I bought my first scanner, a regency/bearcat 8 channel scanner with 8 red lights on the front. You had to buy a crystal for each frequency you wanted and manually install them. Funny how everyone could cooperate with each other back then all being on a shared frequency. I have not been able to use any of my toys over the last year or so as I was sick. Most of my memory is back, but still things get frustrating at times. I am looking forward to the new Uniden models coming out, but can't decide if I want the hand held or desktop model.

Be sure to read the many Uniden forums related to those particular scanners. The 436/536 have been receiving mixed reviews here, some only for very precise technical reasons. Uniden has made very good scanners for many years. Be sure to understand the pro's and con's of the various models, including the new ones before choosing.

You're welcome.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hello QDP2012. I printed out your last response above and went over it line by line with my PRO 106 in hand. Every setting you said needs to be done is done.

In ALL scanning modes, not listening, everything you pointed out was there. No issues with that.

In the conventional list, all frequencies are under the "frequency" tab, and all alpha tags are under the "alpha tag" column; this is all under the OBJECT BROWSER in the ARC 500 software.

In the other two tabs I have the exact same name for each conventional list. The Conventional names are ALL IN CAPS, and the alpha tags are lower case. So that is covered as well.

Finally, all the conventional frequencies are assigned to a list, such as list two or list three, with the proper list name in caps.

EXAMPLE: I have one conventional list named LAKE CO. FIRE. That name is found under the SCANLIST PREVIEW tab and the GLOBAL SETTINGS tab, each being assigned to one number, in this case list #4. In the OBJECT BROWSER tab, there are 44 different frequencies, each with an alpha tag next to them. So far, so good.

Every alpha tag has scan list 4 assigned to it. So, when I am listening to just the conventional list with my scanner, with only the #4 turned on, I get exactly as you say during scanning.

But when I get the voice over that list, I get the alpha tag (small letters) in line 3, and I get CT: 124 on the fourth line.

I DO NOT get the alternating names, the CAPS list name and the Small alpha tags flashing or alternating with each other. The alpha tag is on line three, and the list name LAKE CO.FIRE does NOT show up.

I think we are both talking off the same sheet of paper now in regards to conventional. NO ALTERNATING Text, however. :mad:

I have a question here. If you click on GLOBAL SETTINGS, then click on the "Scan list" tab at the top, there is then on the bottom of the page a "click to set up software" option. I have never really done anything with it, and most of the page seems needless for what I am doing. Could there be a setting there I might have to work with?

Well Sir, that is where I am at. I can assure you all that you said is showing the proper way and all settings are correct..but I get no alternating text. I am going to try one more experiment and will post it here shortly.

As always, my thanks. Really appreciated !!

Greg

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I connected my 106 to the Virtual Scanner in ARC500 to see if it acted differently, but it does not. I attempted to get a copy or print of the virtual scanner, but no luck. Well, it was worth a try.

QDP2012

If you can post your ARC500 data file (the .gr5 file) to this thread, maybe something in it will give a clue as to what's going on.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
When I opened my gr5 file, using Word perfect, it was nothing more than thousands of numbers spread over very, very many pages.

Is that what you want? Should I copy and paste all those numbers?

Thanks.

Greg

QDP2012

When I opened my gr5 file, using Word perfect, it was nothing more than thousands of numbers spread over very, very many pages.

Is that what you want? Should I copy and paste all those numbers?

Thanks.

Greg

No.

• Use appropriate software to compress your .gr5 file into a .zip file.
  • Attach the .zip file to your reply in this thread.
    • To attach files to a post:
      • Click "Reply" button at the bottom of this thread to enter Reply-Mode. (You will see the cutomary Reply-Box where you can enter your message.)
      • While in Reply-Mode, scroll-down below the Reply-Box, and find the "Additional Options" section.
      • In the "Additional Options" section, click on the "Manage Attachments" button.
      • In the separate window that opens, click on the "Browse" button, and navigate to the recently-made .zip file.
      • Select it, and follow any other prompts to complete the attachment process.
      • Type your reply message in the Reply-Box and Submit the message with the attached .zip file.

Hope this helps,

greggk

Premium Subscriber
It should be here and zipped...I hope ?

Greg

Attachments

• Scanner Backup.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 63

QDP2012

I successfully downloaded the file. After I take a detailed look at it between other commitments this week, I will either confirm that all looks good, or will post an updated file with suggested changes for your review.

(After a quick look, I think I will be posting an updated file later with some suggested changes.)

EDIT: One thing that stands-out is that the names of the "Systems" are very similar, or identical, to the names of the ScanLists. This might be confusing, or obscuring the "alternating" in the display.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Please no rush. I know you have much more pressing commitments. As I said, the site name is all Caps and the alpha tags are small characters.

I looked at what I sent you...I'm glad you know what they mean. :D

Have a good and safe week !

Greg

QDP2012

Ok. I found several things I hope will help. Attached, please find a file with changes as explained below.

1. LCD Blink
Short answer to why you weren't seeing the "alternating" is that the "LCD Blink" interval was too short to actually see the "alternating".
  • In ARC500, navigate to "Global Settings" > "Colors/Display/Sound".
  • In the right portion of the main window, notice that "LCD Blinking" has two slider controls named "on" and "off". The top/"on" slider controls the duration of "blink on". The lower slider controls the duration of "blink off". The file you sent had values of "on = 1", "off = 250". The "on=1" value was too short for you to see the "alternating". I adjusted the sliders so the values are "on = 50", "off = 150". This should allow you to see the "alternating". You can still adjust these later to find your prefered "blink" pattern/rate.

2. ScanList names:
As mentioned before, the names of the "Systems" were similar to or the same as the "ScanList" names.
  • I updated the "System" names. (More details in comments below about redundant systems.)
  • I also shortened the ScanList names to increase readability during the "alternating", so that the channel-name or talkgroup-name is easier to read. (You certainly can change these again. I just wanted to make the name-differences very obvious during the "alternating".)

3. Redundant Systems
Additionally, redundant "Systems" were removed when they had identical lists of "system frequencies". This also helped increase clarity between "System Name" and "TG name" during the "alternating".
  • In the original file, there were systems named:
    • IL STATE POLICE
    • LAKE CO. SHERIFF
    • IDOT/TOLL MAINT
    • ILLINOIS EMA
    • LAKE CO. EMA
    • LAKE CO. MISC
    • LAKE CO. ROADS
    • UNITED(O'HARE)
  • In the edited file are these:
    • Lake Co Law/Govt
    • StarCom21-CookCo
    • StarCom21-LakeCo
      • This was added for your convenience later. It is not used right now. (See comments below about tower-specific talkgroups.)
    • United (O'Hare)

4. Conventional Frequencies List:
  • As I think you hinted to in an earlier message, many of the descriptions that are in the "Alpha Tag" columns are similar to, or duplicates of, other conventional entries. This happened because the database's "description" values were used instead of the database's "Alpha Tag" values.
  • The RR DB Admins try to use unique Alpha Tags (as much as possible) even though the Descriptions might be similar or the same.
  • Also, the RR DB Admins have limited the length of each Alpha Tag in the DB so that it will fit into the limited length allowed by the scanner's Alpha Tag field.
  • As an example, please examine the attached file, and look at ScanList #3/LAKE FD.
  • In ScanList #3/LAKE FD, each frequency's Alpha Tag value has been overwritten with the Alpha Tag value from the DB.

• If these changes in ScanList #3/LAKE FD help make it easier to read the scanner display while scanning and/or listening, then you might also consider updating the other ScanLists with the DB's Alpha Tag values.

5. Talkgroups
  • In the talkgroup list, only the "System" assignments were updated.
  • In addition to updating the remaining Conventional frequencies by using the DB's Alpha Tags, you might consider updating the AlphaTags for all of the talkgroups too. It would increase clarity so you would know what exactly you are listening to when the scanner goes into listen-mode.

6. Tower-specific talkgroups
I don't know if you can monitor StarCom21's Cook County tower from Lake County. If you can, then you won't need to use the "StarCom21-LakeCo" system mentioned above, and can delete it. But, if you cannot monitor StarCom21's Cook County tower from Lake County, then you might wish to enter/add the TalkGroups of interest, and for them choose the "StarCom21-LakeCo" system.
  • This does mean that if you listen (for example) to talkgroup "12345" on the "StarCom21-CookCo" system, and cannot hear it in Lake County like you want to, then you will need to add a new (second) record for talkgroup "12345" but assign the second record to the "StarCom21-LakeCo" system. Both "12345" records can be in the same ScanList if you wish. The scanner won't care. If you had them in separate ScanLists, then you could enable/disable the one you were too far from so the scanner doesn't waste time scanning it.

P.S. If my earlier use of the term Frequency Description caused you to enter what was in the RR DB's Description field instead of what is in the RR DB's AlphaTag field, I apologize for the confusion, and for possibly creating more work for you in changing them now to match the DB's Alpha Tag value.

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• Scanner Backup_edited.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Well.......ahh.....ahhh...ahhh.....I'm speechless !

I don't know how you figured this all out from the hundreds of numbers I sent..and I cannot express my appreciation enough.

I actually set the flashing on/off sequence myself as I did not want the LED to flash quickly. I will admit one truth...I actually considered that my flash on/off routine may be causing a problem. I just kept forgetting to go back in and change it. I will not be able to until later today..but will let you tonight hopefully.

Without going line by line....you cleared up quite a bit for me. I was using systems the way I did when I manually programmed my 996T. That made sense for me so I did it that way. Although I really need to buy one of the new Unidens, My pro106 is staying for all the "fun" channels and EMA channels I want to pick up. NWCD was the "biggy" around here, and now the cops are encrypted and the Fire department will not work without the new Unidens.

I wish I could repay you somehow. You put a great deal of time into this for me. I am sure that fixing the "flashing" issue will resolve the alternating display. I suspected they may be connected with the lights, but as I said never got to try it out.

My sincere appreciation. I will get back here later tonight.

By the way...you have NOTHING to apologize for. You did NOT cause me any extra work. I used to program my 996T manually as I thought it was fun. I cannot say the same about manually programming the PRO106.

Thank You !

Greg

Last edited:

QDP2012

Glad It Helped

You are certainly welcome! No repayment needed or wanted. Just help someone else when you can.

Thanks,

QDP2012

I have a question here. If you click on GLOBAL SETTINGS, then click on the "Scan list" tab at the top, there is then on the bottom of the page a "click to set up software" option. I have never really done anything with it, and most of the page seems needless for what I am doing.

I think I missed this earlier.

If you regularly add new records to your lists, and often change the extra details of each row to a consistently-chosen value, then this might be useful. Otherwise, I would leave it alone.
An example: if you change the "Delay" value for every new record from the default of 20 to a value of 40, then you might find it useful to set a default Delay value to 40 before adding the new records. But, if you, like many other people, customize the delay frequency-by-frequency (or TG-by-TG), so that some delay longer (or shorter) than others, then the default feature might not be useful.​

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hello again my friend.:)

You were, of course, right on target. When I looked at the software from ARC500 I saw that the "LCD" display was set "off" for flashing. I never knew that was an issue, but it was. I thought before looking into it that is was the LED flashing causing the problem.

I thank you. I can now see both names alternating, and it seems I have control over the interval.

You were really GREAT. Thanks so much. I hope to repay you someday, somehow.

Greg

QDP2012

Help others when you can

I'm glad everything is working well for you now. You don't owe me anything; nothing to repay--such help given/received here is a gift. Our community/ies benefit when we pay-it-forward, so please help someone else when you can.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.